“My stay at the Croit Anna”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Croit Anna Hotel

Croit Anna Hotel
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Fort William
lincs
“My stay at the Croit Anna”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2010

I have just got back from a holiday staying at this Hotel and I cannot praise it enough the staff were friendly the bedroom was also clean and cleaned every day. the food was excellent. Lovely bar area and the waiter was brilliant. The only complaint my friend and I had " no lift " and we were on the top floor although the view was lovely from the bedroom window. My friend and I were very sceptical about staying at this Hotel after reading some of the reviews but we went with an open mind which I woud reccommend other people to do.

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank LincsHelen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Polish first
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2010

I have just returned from a 5 day stay at the Croit Anna in Fort William and needed to tell the world how good this hotel is. From the moment we arrived the staff could not do enough for us, our luggage was taken and left outside our rooms within minutes of arrival. Absolutely everyone was helpful and friendly. The rooms were spotless, in fact the whole hotel was spotless and I understand there has been a recent re-fit. I would recommend requesting a room with a Loch view as it is simply stunning. The hotel was very quiet so if you want an early night this is not a problem. Bedrooms are situated over 3 floors and there is no lift, so if stairs are a problem you should request a ground floor room. I was on the 2nd floor so benefited from the best view.

The food was superb. I am a vegetarian and there was a wide selection to keep me happy and every meal had a good choice for everyone - I didn’t hear one complaint from anyone else. Our waiter knew our breakfast, tea and coffee preferences by the 2nd day, now that’s a good waiter!

Possibly its only downside is the distance from Fort William itself, its about 2 or 2.5 miles if you fancy a good walk but a taxi is cheap enough and there is a bus that runs past too but I'm not sure how frequently that runs. But there is evening entertainment every night and a bar and lounge to relax in after dinner.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a friendly, relaxing, clean hotel with stunning views. I simply cannot fault it.

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank SuefBirmingham
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2010

We stayed at the Croit Anna for 7 days on an Alfa package holiday, after booking I looked up the hotel and was very nearly put off by the bad reviews on this site. However on arrival the hotel was nothing like it was described. Since Jan 2010 the hotel has carried out £300,000 worth of refurbishments to the hotel, it was completly spotless throughout the whole stay. There was no vacancies throughout the week. The rooms were moderately sized with a tv with around 8 channels, very good and easy to use shower, and controlable heating. In the room was also tea and coffee making facilities including tetley teabags and kenko coffee with (sugar,milk etc) these were kept refilled throughout the week. Everyday the room would be cleaned and beds made by room service staff, which was done to a high standard. The food was very good and a good choice of food was offered, there was also a carefully planned alternative menu for vegetarians and children, daily specials were also offered. Breakfast each morning was very enjoyable and filling. The service at meal times was brilliant, the staff were quick, polite and caring towards customers. The hotel is convieniently located within around 2 miles into the centre of Fort William, which is a lovely 40 minute walk, or a frequent bus service is available( the hotel staff were very helpful on informing guests of this) and local taxi's from the hotel to town are on average £5. Overall the hotel did not fail to please in any areas, I would recommend booking a loch view room. I think Croit Anna deserves some good reviews on this site. Also the alfa holiday package was unbeatable in value for money!

• Stayed March 2010
3 Thank Jennifer S
Southern Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2010

We arrived late at night in Fort William and needed somewhere cheap to stay before heading north. The best deal we came across was for the Croit Anna Hotel, £37 for a double room for each of us (including a loch view, no balcony, but there's a 25% chance of getting one), the value for money factor was good.

The hotel is situated a stone's throw from Loch Linnhe, across the notorious A82 main road between Glasgow and Inverness. The view wasn't exactly spectacular, but the curtains are thick enough to keep out the morning light. A bonus if there ever was one.

The room itself was about the standard I had expected from a 2* hotel, the extra blankets are in the wardrobe, you WILL need them no matter what time of year you stay.

The bathroom was a bit of a disappointment, to be honest. There was a piece of panelling in the corner which covered the pipework and it had slightly come away and gathered a LOT of dust. The toilet was "interesting," it had a large metal panel with a push button in the centre and to stop the toilet seat hitting the wall was a rubber doorstop. The power shower was good, although it took me a while to work out which way was hot and which was cold.

The bedroom was a decent size, but the tiny wee telly in the corner could have been bigger. The bed was pretty hard and I found myself waking up every hour or so. Even with the window closed and the constant stream of HGVs going past at all hours kept waking me up.

The chap who met me on arrival was very friendly and approachable, I later found out that he was the General Manager. Our Barman for the evening was Stephen, friendly enough and he had a good rapport with the older couples (who left on a coach at the back of 7 in the morning) although not-so-much with our group.

Breakfast was served in an empty room, with plenty of tables set up for breakfast (even though the hotel didn't seem that full, to be honest). There were several large off-cuts of carpet next to our table, but the food was hot and the coffee went down a treat. One minor point to the staff though; I realise that sitting at reception in the morning, with customers going in for breakfast must be frustrating. To see you disappear off into the kitchen and coming out with a plateful of food to take back to your desk isn't something which should be done whilst there are still guests in the dining area.

Other than that, it's a cheap and basic hotel with reasonable staff. I wouldn't like to spend more than a couple of nights there though.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank MacTar
Fife, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2009

Great value and service for a 2* Hotel, reception arranged for me to have a meal with the kitchen despite arriving after 19:30, I received a massive helping of fish, chips and veg for £7.50 couldn't eat it all even though I had just finished a 9 hour hike!!
The staff having noticed my hillwalking gear then told me the large coach party staying were having an early breakfast next morning meaning I was suited and booted in Glen Nevis at 08:30 next morning.. nice one
Room was spotless also.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank fraoch123
northants
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2009

very good hotel, food excellent., very polite and approachable staff. Had room with Loch view. Entertainment every night. Bus stop across the road from hotel. Rooms cleaned every day. Could not fault this hotel. Would definitely go back again.

• Stayed October 2009
2 Thank pbrNorthants
N.Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2009

My room was clean and comfortable with a power shower and even a trouser press. The food was well cooked with a reasonable choice and all the staff I met were efficient and pleasant. The public rooms were smaller than some hotels I have visited but this is a 2* not a 5* hotel. I thought it was excellent value for money.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends