All reviewsart gallerymap roomwest highland waysmall hotelboutique hoteltop floorfour poster bedroad noisefriendly hotelnice roomstayed one nightan evening mealhigh streetfull scottishtwo night stayporridgebreakfast choices
Reviewed 28 January 2011

My wife and I booked well in advance for dinner at the Limetrees. We arrived just before our booking time of 8pm and were initially sat in a very pleasant room with a log fire. Our drinks order was taken though not convinced if waiter new what a Bloody Mary was. Drinks duly arrived and I was gobsmacked when the waiter stated that he hoped my wife would not be wanting another. The question was asked, to which the reply was that a large party on the previous Thursday had finished of the Vodka (we were there the Saturday after !!!). We ordered our food, both our first choice starters were off and it was only 8pm and the restuarant did not seem too busy. We were surprised that we were asked for our desert choice in advance, something that we have not come across too often in a restuarant. When questioned, we were informed that there were only two in the kitchen and that they would prefer to know in advance ( how odd ). Needless to say, we both declined to order deserts until after our main course. On a positive note, the food was very good indeed and washed down with a nice bottle of (overpriced) wine. On the subject of the wine, it was noted that the waiter did not at any stage refresh our glasses, something that I would expect from an establishment that prides itself on service. The evening was not cheap and we should have been treated as valued customers, Tesco was up the road - I would have jumped out for a bottle of Vodka, it would have made all the difference.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SteveZodiak
Reviewed 21 November 2010

We had a fantastic time. The manager helped us personally several times. The staff was fantastic. They went the extra mile to make us feel welcomed and catered to. We were enjoyed our pre-dinner cocktails while looking at the art gallery . The meal was perfection. Good combination of boutique hotel with excellent dining. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Myself and friends stayed at this hotel after completing our 96 mile walk. First thing that I loved was that my room had a lovely bath (yes odd thing to highlight, but if you have just walked a long walk wierdly enough that is what you will look for!).
Staff were friendly and the feel of the hotel was 'homely'. There were two living rooms which you could hang out in and relax. Some lovely paintings/art hanging on walls and in the gallery which was lovely to browse when we had some spare time.
The bedrooms can be divided into two. The new ones that are part of the extension and ones that are part of the original building. We stayed in the new rooms which were lovely, great size, very clean and I would definitely want to stay there again. The other type I didnt see, but my friends commented that they were still lovely but not as nice as the new rooms.
We ate in the restaurant and the food and service was excellent.

Overall I would totally recommend this to people, either as a stop off point while heading further north in Scotland(or south) or to stay a few days and use as a base to explore the local area.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2010

i was going to the jacobite train journey and needed somewhere to stay overnight as i live 3 hours away from fort william (too far to travel first thing in the morning). i seen the lime tree hotel an thought i would give it a bash. it has been one of the best hotels ive stayed in! service and staff were excellent! really cosy place, modern and clean. we ate in it too. the restaurant service was great but the variety and prices wasnt so good. but food was nice. rooms are lovely although the beds are a bit hard! but overall great stay!

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 28 October 2010

We stayed at the Lime Tree after hiking the West Highland Way. Great way to end the walk. Warm and relaxing atmosphere. Great service, newly finished rooms with old character. Love this place! Would recommend and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family