“Fabulous food, lovely place to stay.”
Review of The Lime Tree

and 1 more site!
The Lime Tree
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Fort William
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Worth a stay just for the food. Rooms small but clean, and nicely furnished. Beautiful view across the water.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank D F

Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed here for two nights in October and really enjoyed my stay. Wish I could have a breakfast every morning like I had at Lime Tree. The staff were friendly and I enjoyed the atmosphere. Just minutes from city center and the train station. I would recommend Lime Tree to anyone that is looking to stay in Fort William.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Travelr_73
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We never stayed overnight here but we had an evening meal in the restaurant. The food was delicious (saddle of Venison) and the service was impeccable and very friendly and you can tell by how clean the place is and the standard of the food that the chef takes a lot of pride in his work. I had ate at my hotel the night before (The Isle of Glencoe Hotel) and I wasn't impressed with the food there so drove the 20 minutes or so to the Limetree and did without the wine. I haven't seen any of the rooms but the place looks fairly newly decorated and has been done to a good standard and good taste. If you look at the photo's of the restaurant, it looks small but when I was there it felt much bigger and had a pleasant and relaxing ambience. I would have ate there again the following night but fancied a drink with my meal on my last night in the highlands. The meal cost us an extra £5 compared to the Isle of Glencoe Hotel the previous night and the Limetree's food was leagues ahead. Thanks for such a lovely meal.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank graham07930
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We spent the evening at the Lime Tree on Sept 29 2011. We had been traveling for several days and the Lime Tree turned out to be our very best hotel experience. We were able to book last minute and had a very good rate. The room was very large, well appointed and clean (my most important criteria). The staff was very helpful and friendly. The lounge and restaurant were perfect during our short stay. We intend to return to Scotland again and will put the Lime Tree on our agenda.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2011

This is an extremely nice hotel. Myself and a few friends stayed here after walking the West Highland Way and it provided the high level of comfort we all needed!

The rooms are a fantastic - extremely large and very tastefully decorated - and the public areas provide a real homely feel. We didn't eat in the restaurant at night, however the breakfast in the morning was first class.

All in all a great place and I wouldn't hesitate in staying again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Second stay at the Lime Tree. Rooms are spot on and lovely big bathroom. Eat there one night and had a lovely three course meal. Staff were friendly and efficient. Excellent cooked breakfast served each day-perfect for 7 hrs walking in Glencoe. Will be back again to stay there. :-)

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We stayed here at following 5 days of walking the West Highland Way and what a delighted. Situated 300 yeards from the end of the way this was exactly what we were looking for...... a little bit of comfort and a real homely fell. Really good for and just slightly different from the usual Highland retreats. Only one negative.....the beer was a little steep but nothing that would put me off going back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends