The Lime Tree
US$278
US$170
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Nevis Bank Inn(Fort William)
US$206
Hotels.com
Bay Caledonian Hotel(Fort William)
US$105
  • Bar/Lounge
Clan Macduff Hotel(Fort William)
US$174
  • Breakfast included
US$148
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Fort William(Fort William)(Great Value!)
US$106
Travelodge
Highland Hotel(Fort William)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsart gallerymap roomwest highland wayvenisonsmall hotelboutique hoteltop floorroad noisefour poster bedfriendly hotelbooked this hotelnice roomstayed one nightan evening mealhigh streettwo night stayporridge
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We got the last room available here which was very fortunate. Opening the front door is liking walking into someones very cosy home with fires blazing in both receptions rooms at the front. Our room was so warm and comfortable with a very spacious bathroom. We had dinner in the restaurant which was absolutely fantastic from start to finish including the service and the art work was lovely to look at. Breakfast however was a little disappointing as the waitress service was quite poor with tables left uncleared all around us and our own table was not cleared during the course of our breakfast of any dishes we were finished with. On a positive note the porridge and the egg benedict were fantastic. We would absolutely stay here again but would book in advance to get a room with a view of the lough. The owner just needs to pay a little bit more attention to the finer detail in terms of lightbulbs broken, bits missing off taps, mismatched skirting boards and highchairs stored in the ladies bathrooms (not very hygenic to say the least!). None of these things would deter us from staying in this lovely warm inviting hotel with a fantastic restaurant. A little gem in Fort William.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank But2ns
Reviewed 25 April 2013

What a beautiful little hotel, the food is absolutely stunning, of a quality you would expect to find in some swanky big city restaurant and this stay has been one of the highlights of our West Hjghland Way walk!
The room was fantastic, nice size with a great view.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Always enjoy staying in the Lime Tree. Food was as good as ever and the wine was top class too. Room 1 and room 2 were both lovely with views over The Loch. We will be back to stay again, hopefully very soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Fort William isn't somewhere I'd normally stay when visiting Scotland but it was going to be the most convenient stopover for me in February so I checked on Tripadvisor for a promising hotel with good food. The Lime Tree seemed to fit the bill even though it's on the A82, at the start of that long drag of mostly unpromising looking hotels on the way out of Fort William heading towards Oban.

I received a warm welcome from the chatty and friendly owner on arrival and was shown to my very pleasant room at the front of the hotel. The room was well appointed and the bed very comfortable. Although I'm a light sleeper and normally avoid hotels on busy roads, I wasn't disturbed by traffic noise. It's probably a lot busier in the main season though. My only complaint would be that the room was too cold for me, with the radiator only warm to the touch and the heating turned off until 7am, long after I'm normally awake.

The restaurant was excellent with an interesting menu and good selection of wines. At £27.95 for two courses and £29.95 for three, the three course option was good value - top notch ingredients cooked beautifully. I was slightly less impressed with breakfast, particularly the bacon which wasn't great. Would I stay again? If I have to stop in Fort William again in the future, then yes, I would stop at the Lime Tree.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank gojph
Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

This boutique hotel cannot be beaten! Outstanding in every way. Stayed so often it's like my second home! Staff amazing, especially Will the chef! The owner David Wilson is a charming and talented artist! You won't be disappointed staying here!

• Stayed: January 2013