What a lovely, lovely Inn. Staff were friendly and informative and we were quickly checked in and shown to our 3rd floor room. The bed was VERY comfortable and the room was spacious and when we woke for our very first Scottish rainy day, we clearly wanted to snuggle in, but we had a train to catch. Breakfast was delicious and again, our waitstaff was lovely. We actually wish we had booked dinner at the Inn, as the menu looked lovely, but chose to make the most of our night by walking around town (and we also ended up with a crappy dinner too), should have listened! When we had come in from our walk the night before, I went to the restaurant to see if we could get dessert and coffee in one of the beautiful front rooms in the Inn and they happily obliged. This Inn has 2 beautiful common rooms for lounging. I would HIGHLY recommend the Lime Tree, its a great location (be sure to walk along Lock Eil) and we wish we had more time to spend here so we could have enjoyed their dining establishment, next time we will!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lime Tree in the 1850 former Church Manse, is a 3 star Small Hotel, a fantastic Art Gallery and arts studio and an award winning fresh food Restaurant AA Two Rosette and Silver Eat Scotland Award overlooking Loch Linnhe in the centre of Fort William - the 'Outdoor Capital of the UK.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Lime Tree reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lime Tree Hotel Fort William
- Lime Tree Fort William
- Lime Tree Hotel Fort William
- The Lime Tree Fort William, Scotland