All reviewsart gallerymap roomwest highland waysmall hotelboutique hoteltop floorfour poster bedroad noisefriendly hotelnice roomstayed one nightan evening mealhigh streetfull scottishtwo night stayporridgebreakfast choices
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I stayed at the Lime Tree with my boyfriend and my parents. The rooms are really cosy and ours had great views. The staff were welcoming and really friendly/helpful. We ate in the restaurant and it was a real treat, amazing food! The breakfast was delicious, loads of choice. It was a great start to our Scottish holiday!

1  Thank stella412
Reviewed 29 August 2010

This cozy hotel - recently renovated to give rooms a "cottage-y" feel - is a charmer. A bit on the pricey side for Fort William (which, in spite of what the guides will tell you, is actually a fairly nice little town), but worth it. Comfortable, remarkably spacious rooms; unexpected amenities like free WiFi access; and very friendly, helpful staff made for a great stay (they even arranged a breakfast for us when we had to check out before the restaurant opened - a kind and thoughtful gesture). The in-house art gallery adds to the experience. Although the restaurant serves decent food (though not the best in town), we found the dining experience (including being shuffled into a small room to wait pre-dinner) a bit stuffy... it was great for breakfast, but you might want to explore other options for dinner. In all, though, the Lime Tree made for a great stay in Fort William.

Reviewed 26 August 2010

I booked The Lime Tree because I thought it looked a lot different to the usual hotels in Fort William that cater for the coach trips. A few days before going I had a look at this website and I have to say that after reading some scathing reviews I actually looked for an alternative hotel. In the end we couldn’t find another hotel so decided to stick to our plans on the basis that is was only for one night so it couldn’t be that bad.

In fact it was excellent, for the moment we arrived we were treated in a friendly yet professional manner, we were shown around the ground floor public rooms, restaurant and gallery and then onto our room which was on the top floor overlooking the loch. It was very quiet; in fact I don’t think we heard a peep from our neighbours. Although the hotel is just off the main road there is hardly any traffic noise as the town is fairly quite especially at night. The room was spacious with a seating area at the window, king size bed, nice furnishings and quite a big bathroom too. It more than matched it 3 star rating and price ticket of £100 per night (B&B for 2).

Btw, we didn’t take dinner in the hotel so can’t comment on the restaurant, breakfast was excellent though.

I would have no qualms about recommending this hotel, it is head and shoulders above the tourist hotels and B&Bs that line the route into Fort William, I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MaeveUk
Reviewed 25 August 2010

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Lime Tree in Fort William. The manager, Gavin, was extremely hospitable, courteous, and very helpful! He had excellent recommendations and went out of his way to make our stay the best possible!
The restaurant was very nice and the food was incredible. The wait staff were very attentive and the chef team was spot on! Breakfast is included and they provided a great deal of fresh choices in addition to the choices from the kitchen.
The gallery at the Lime Tree is a great addition to this classy, quaint and charming hotel.
The town of Fort William itself is very friendly and a great place for a romantic getaway, especially if you are into hiking and beautiful scenery!

1  Thank jsalfen
Reviewed 25 August 2010

This is a beautiful hotel, perfectly located for visiting the surrounding areas. Our room had a beautiful view of the loch. The reception staff were second to none. The art gallery is a delightful addition. But the restaurant with it's michelin starred chef is sublime. Make sure you eat here. Food will never taste the same again! Every single mouthful was heaven.