All reviewsart gallerymap roomwest highland waysmall hotelboutique hoteltop floorfour poster bedroad noisefriendly hotelnice roomstayed one nighthigh streetan evening mealfull scottishtwo night stayporridgebreakfast choices
Reviewed 29 September 2010

As soon as I walked in to The Lime Tree, I knew it was my kind of place. Warm colours, comfy sofas, lots of good art on the walls(even an art gallery) and a great menu. Our basic room was quite expensive compared to others in Scotland but it was spacious and comfortable. We had a great view over the loch which we could enjoy from the window seat.My only gripe was that the shower started off like a water canon then finished up a dribble.
Great dinner and breakfast from a restaurant run by an excellent chef.The atmosphere was friendly and the small lounges encouraged pre and post dinner conversation with fellow guests.

Reviewed 29 September 2010

After walking the West Highland Way this stay was the perfect reward. The rooms spacious but cosy and very comfortable. The staff were very cheerful and helpful but the exceptional part of our stay were the meals particularly our dinner which was of a very high standard. The art gallery was a nice funky touch and the location was ideal right at the end of High Street - the official end of the West Highland Way. I would highly recommend a stay there.

Reviewed 19 September 2010

Arrived and stayed one night in driving rain - not doing the hotel any favours. Staff friendly, nice gallery, bedroom, not quite the boutique hotel we expected from the website, lots of orange stained pine, bathroom, clean but a little tired.
Over all, a good hotel but a little pricy and not what we had expected from the website.
Restaurant - ok but overpriced, the food was nice enough - apart from the canapes
had we not expected so much would not have been disapointed.
Nice lounge with fire - very cosy

1  Thank Davydog
Reviewed 12 September 2010

My husband and I stayed at The Lime Tree earlier this year just for five days but we will definitely go again and stay for longer. The accommodation is more than adequate - lovely comfortable beds and en suite bathrooms. The restaurant serves excellent food and their "One Eyed Breakfast" sets you up for the day! David's gallery is very interesting and has some unusual exhibits. Their cosy lounges with real coal fires are great to come back to after a day's walking. Can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank antibesforme
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I stayed at the Lime Tree with my boyfriend and my parents. The rooms are really cosy and ours had great views. The staff were welcoming and really friendly/helpful. We ate in the restaurant and it was a real treat, amazing food! The breakfast was delicious, loads of choice. It was a great start to our Scottish holiday!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple