“Pleasant surroundings, lovely staff, great food and whisky just magic!”

Ben Nevis Distillery
Ranked #15 of 46 things to do in Fort William
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Myself and my pal went for lunch today and a look around. It was well good and if you're ever in the area it's well worth a visit. You can have drinks and food, a tour round showing and explaining how whisky is made, then you can sample some and get this, buy some with discount. The staff were all lovely and it felt homely. Thank you and I'll be back.

2  Thank Paula J

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Dear, oh dear...

Firstly after being told all tours were booked up for the day, we were told we would have to return the next day, and pick up tickets, but couldn't order them for the next day. On the second day we returned to be told the final tour was now a German speaking tour only, but the following day was a production day. Either you want my money or you don't.

I'll save my money and buy a bottle of whisky from elsewhere, thanks. Your business model is laughable.

2 stars for the host's impressive beard. That's literally all I can say positively about it.

1  Thank DoctorWrecks
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stopped by for a tour and had a decent one for five pounds each. It began with a very hokey film. Our guide was friendly but not overly informative. The distillery was not currently in operation (only operates eight months per year) but we did see the equipment.
We did buy a bottle of single malt as a souvenir and it was good enough but not exceptional. While we were there a family of big spenders from Mexico (5 bottles of the $325 pound/bottle, 25-year old), completely monopolized everyone and we were barely noticed.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

If you need something to do in the Fort William vicinity for a few hours that's inside, look no further.

The staff were amazingly helpful and even tried to help us plan the rest of our trip.

We had time for food in the cafe before the tour which was delicious and great value for money.

The tour was informative and the guide was very knowledgable. I can understand why people have had problems with 'rude staff' but honestly think it must have been people misunderstanding sarcasm. We are not big whiskey drinkers but found this tour very interesting. Paired with the Glenfinnan viaduct and Neptune's staircase, we had a lovely day.

2  Thank ChrisandDiane
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I don’t think this distillery is in operation. We were told this is a silent period while other distilleries were working. The tour had no substance, short and not interesting. Overall service by staff needs to improve. To top it all the whisky was not the best.

1  Thank convie