The hotel is located in a really nice spot -- ocean views are decent and it is right at the entrance of the "tourist" hub of Fort William, if that is your thing. A couple of observations:
1. If you are oversized, plan on using the stairs. The lift is smaller than my dog carrier.
2. You may want to consider bringing your own pillow - the bedding, as well as the fixtures (and TV's) are...vintage.
3. You might want to question the desk clerk if he offers you room 45. It shares a common wall with the elevator we were told we couldn't hear -- but we did. Also, Room 45 is a non-smoking room, save for the fact it is right above the outside smoking areas so that when you open the window the room fills with smoke.
On a good note, the best pricing we saw on Trip Advisor for the property was 143 pounds and we got it for 70 pounds when on-site. Breakfast was so-so.
Aside from the issues of Room 45 I expect this would have been an average experience at a slightly better than average price.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The West End Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West End Fort William
- West End Hotel Fort William
- The West End Hotel Fort William, Scotland