“Great Hotel In Fort William.”
Review of Highland Hotel

Highland Hotel
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Fort William
kidderminster
“Great Hotel In Fort William.”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Travelled in late July from Ipswich with relatives as a foursome. Although a long trip there were adequate breaks & Dave the main driver kept us well informed of timings etc. This our 4th trip with Lochs & Glens & as un previous occasions were greeted on the coach on arrival, allocated rooms while luggage promptly delivered outside the door. Room & bed comfortable, Clean bathroom with bath & shower which although not working was quickly remedied. Food was well prepared & quickly served by well trained staff. Once again the Loch views was excellent as well as relaxing a feature of all this firms hotels. The trips were well planned - sailing across the sea to Skye was something we had looked forward to for some time. Our visit to the Ben Nevis Distillery was very good complimented by Tom our excellent tour guide who kept the right amount of information mixed with humour that kept things interesting. The evening entertainment was mixed - Paula MacAskill proving the most popular; Checking her website showed she has a full diary of bookings so well done the hotel for affording her two (regular) evenings. Unless requested she did not repeat numbers & its worth checking her U tube version of * How`s the world treating you " which is EXCELLENT. Bar prices were very good, cheaper than in pubs in town. The recently opened Weatherspoons being best value. Recommend this hardworking, well trained & value for money group & hope to tour with them again soon.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ian M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Recently went on the 4night break. We had ages 6-77 in our party and was thoroughly enjoyed. Our room (to sleep 3) was huge and clean with the most fantastic view from the window.

Nightly entertainment was fabulous. Had the eldest dancing away and in her elements. The wifi in the lounge kept the youngest quiet with her tablet and the staff were top dollar. From management to cleaning staff.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank blue-belle-moo
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

Coach isn't very comfortable, but when you get to the hotel the views are stupendous. Rooms comfortable and food edible. If you are not fit don't try walking down to the town as there are a lot of steps.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank JacquiCook2
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Just returned from a four day self drive. Excellent hotel, probably one of the best in the chain. Rooms were a decent size, clean, with modern furnishings. The bathroom sparkled and looked as if it had been recently refurbished. Food was good and hot, served very efficiently - the company have certainly got the restaurant service down to a fine art! We only did the entertainment the first night, preferring to sit in the lounge and enjoy the view. What we heard other nights sounded good. The only slight critism was that our room was over the entertainment and the bass was sometime a little loud. However, the entertainment finished at 11.00 so it wasn't really a problem.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Terri1402
Alva
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Just spent 4 terrific nights at the Highland hotel Fort William, It was glorious. Room was spacious ,extremely clean and tidy and wonderfully comfartable bed.
The meals were all excellent, the staff are very warm and friendly nothing was a bother to them.
Nightly entertainment was ok, but not great. All in all an extremely pleasant place to stay, the surrounding countryside is spectacular and awesome I would reccomend a drive up Glen Nevis, a truely awe inspiring piece of country

Room Tip: corner suite for a family
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank crown1
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I have recently returned from a Lochs & Glens Holiday to Fort William, Scotland.
I was with my mum, first ever holiday with her alone & First time travelling with Lochs & Glens...The Driver & the Staff at The Highland were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble for them...I should add that I am a wheelchair user & I have never received such a high level of care & kindness anywhere in England as I did there.
The Restaurant staff were great, I was called for by our waiter & he took me to the restaurant at meal times to make sure I was safe & they provided me with a chair from the lounge area because I need a chair with arms to keep my balance...
If I had to say anything negative it would be that the ramps either side of the Hotel were out of use due to scaffolding & building works being done...Not the Hotel Staffs fault but inconvenient all the same, also the room we had was lovely, except the walk in shower could do with another grab rail on opposite side of current one.
To get to our room there was three steps to negotiate, this was just manageable but because the banner rail was loose both sides it was a little unnerving.
Over all I would give this Hotel & Holiday 10 out of 10 for the way I was looked after...Thank You.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank goldfish09
bolton
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I have recently returned from a Lochs and Glens trip to this lovely hotel which has been recently renovated completely with updated rooms and bathrooms. I stayed in the extension in a room at the back without a view which was a little disapointing but for 4 nights it was ok. Unfortunately on our 2nd night onwards we had someone in the room above who was extremely noisy, clomping about on the floor and very loud TV.The food was good considering how many people they are catering for, I just had a couple of niggles - I was on a table for 4 people and we got the same bread, toast etc as a table for 2, if we asked for more there was not a problem but we should not have to ask at every meal.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple