“Nice venue but cottage needs a little investment”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort William
Seangan Croft Lodges & Cottages
Ranked #78 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 June 2011

We stayed in Oak Lodge. It was pleasantly situated with great views of the North Face of Ben Nevis. The direct access to the Caledonian Canel was a bonus.

The kitchen was fully equiped with reasonable items that you would expect. The beds were fine for comfort. The bathroom and showers were okay.

The lodge was looking rather tired and smelt slightly stale when we first arrived. It was reasonable but is probably due for a repaint and a heavy deep clean.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Dead_Sheep

Reviewed 28 December 2010

3 bedroom with beds for 6 people. quiet location about 7 miles form fort william. decent kitchen but small table for 6. facilities include iron, cooker and stove, fridge, duvet, towels, sheet, dvd player, dishwasher and washing machine, random books and board games, power shower. no hairdryer and use storage heaters which took awhile to heat up. no dryer but heating allows quick drying for laundry.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank adit3005
Reviewed 26 September 2010

I stayed at Beech Cottage with a group of family and friends in May 2010. This cottage is situated on a quiet road with fantastic views to Ben Nevis. A long walk to the nearest pub but great if you want to be away from it all. The rooms were not as nice as they looked in pictures. The carpet in my room was stained and dirty and the bathroom was not very clean. My bedding did not feel clean or fresh. Other rooms were just OK, some quite small and the en suites were small too. The house was fairly well equipped, though we couldnt get a signal on the TV. The kitchen was dated; one night we found a mouse running across the floor though I guess we were in the middle of the countryside! There is a hot tub at the rear of the cottage, this was great but was ruined by the metal shelter surrounding it, would have been much better if we could look up to the sky and some outdoor lighting would have been useful too. Despite the downsides we had a fantastic time here but i wouldnt recommend it unless it has a makeover and good clean!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank doncha1
Reviewed 31 May 2009

Beautiful views over the canal to Ben Nevis and a wonderful quiet location. Quite well equiped but remember to take our towels; not even a hand towel in the bathroom or a tea towel were provided and it was luck I packed both.
The third bedroom was very small for two children to share.
These gripes aside I would go back. It's a great location for seeing the area and the Highland Cows in the field and the boats on the canal next door kept us entertained through the rain!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2009

We stayed in the Birch chalet for the first 5 nights of our tour of Scotland, it is only 5 minutes drive (if not less) to Fort William and right in the middle of one of the most beautiful areas i've ever visited. From here we made day trips to the Isle of Skye, Loch Ness, Mallaig and did a lovely and highly recommended walk to the Steall fall.

I'm sorry I didn't take any pics inside, so i'll have to describe.

Outside is a small balcony that we managed to sit out on, on our last evening. You have beautiful views of the mountains directly in front and the very relaxing sound of the stream that runs along side the chalets to the canal.

The sitting room is comfortable and warm, the lady that showed us to the chalet brought over a huge games compendium for us to borrow which was very kind. The kitchen was clean and contained everything you might need. There are 2 large cupboards to hang all your bits and a chest of draws. The bathroom has an electric shower, not the best but not bad and a heated towel rail.

Only negative bits
The bed, I just couldn't get a decent nights sleep because it was too hard for me and my partner - but I suppose this depends on what you prefer.

Cleanliness, the toilet was a little bit dirty when we arrived - I don't really want to complain, we paid such an extraordinary low price.

I've given the chalet 4 star instead of 5 just because of these 2 bits, but really it is a bargain and I would stay again if not for the bed and my back!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrssparklesboutique
Reviewed 16 February 2009

We stayed in the Birch chalet for two people in Febuary 2009 for three nights. The accomodation was excellent. The chalet was very warm, well equiped and very clean. The chalets are on the calendonian canal and have a spectacular view of Ben Nevis. From the chalet you can walk along the canal, by the river or through the surrounding forests. It is a 35 minute walk to the nearest pub along the canal.
I would recommend this accomodation to anyone and will be returning myself for sure!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Glasgow
Reviewed 23 May 2005

My husband and I had a wonderful three days spent at Seangan B&B. It is situated on a working croft (baby highland cows were born during our stay!) with the most spectacular views of Ben Nevis from our room. Waking up to that was a real treat. The house was extremely comfortable and tastefully decorated. Sine was an excellent host providing one of the best breakfasts I’ve ever had. There were plenty of great walks to be done close by and Sine and her family were extremely knowledgeable about the history of the area. We also had a delicious meal in their restaurant. It is in a beautiful stone building, which use to be the old barn. We really had a most enjoyable time at Seangan. I will definitely be going back and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable break away in the Scottish Highlands.

• Stayed: April 2005
#3 of 21 in Fort William
Nevis Bank Inn
Nevis Bank Inn
#4 of 21 in Fort William

Been to Seangan Croft Lodges & Cottages? Share your experiences!