Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 October 2016

Like everyone else that uses TA, I check reviews and pictures, so I was sadly disappointed in this property. We arrived on a very stormy night, with high winds and driving rain. In my haste to get out of the weather and into the house I used the wrong door. I knew my mistake immediately since I was in a laundry room, but there was a door that led into the bandb, so I yelled out, hello.
The two proprietors looked at us like we had just broken in with chain saws,.
We announced that we were guests, but that really didn't change the icy treatment.
We were then shown two closed doors, that's the living room, that's the breakfast room.
We were shown to our cubicle , I mean bedroom. It was so Spartan , so uninviting, had we not driven 6 hours in a storm we would have left.
The next morning the owner was much more pleasant, but my wife still received nothing but a stare from the other proprietor ( her mother)
You read so many reviews about how great the breakfast was at this place, or that place, but if it's a bed and BREAKFAST! Wouldn't you expect a good breakfast?
This was good, eggs bacon etc. the view is great, but people make a bed and breakfast the reason to go to one.
Warm welcomes, a cuppa tea, cheerful conversation, we received none of this from either the owners or the uninviting, drab room.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KirstieBlack, Owner at Cuilcheanna House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review for us. We are sorry that you were disappointed with your stay; however I do feel that I must respond to your comments. I also feel it is appropriate to point out that although guests feel entitled to make personal comments about us, we are prevented from making personal comments about our guests if we wish to appear professional.

It was indeed an uncharacteristically stormy night for the time of year, and you did indeed come into the house via the wrong door. However we did not hear you ‘yell’ hello, rather you simply walked into our kitchen and stared at us. I guess it wouldn’t have been such a jump of our imagination to assume you were guests, but we were shocked and surprised that you just seemed to materialise out of nowhere. However we refute your comment about the icy treatment: once we realized that you were indeed guests and hadn’t broken in with chain saws, I tried very hard to recover my composure and I showed you to your room. If your opinion is that your room was small and uninviting there is probably nothing that I can do to change that, so hey ho.

But once in your room I did spend a great deal of time chatting to you both about your drive, the abnormal weather, recommending places to eat, and so on. I am unsure as to why you have classed this as icy treatment.

The next morning my mother did say good morning to your wife as is her usual habit with guests when she sees them in the morning. Furthermore she recalls having a conversation with her before you left about your imminent journey to Skye. I think the fact that your wife – or you on her behalf – has chosen to forget this says more about you and her than it does about us.

We too believe it is reasonable to assume that you will receive a good breakfast in a bed and BREAKFAST [sic], which is why we go out of our way to ensure that our guests receive a well cooked meal with a good choice of quality ingredients. Thank you for your recognition of this fact.

In closing we often wish that we could choose the guests that come and stay in our home, but we will never be able to do so, so we will just have to continue accepting that we will not please all of the people all of time.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

The location of this B&B can't be beat. Beautiful views from our room windows. The room was very comfortable as was the bed. All the little extras that make a top notch B&B. Bathroom was a bit cramped -- but well appointed. The breakfasts were superb! Our hosts, a mother/daughter team, were friendly and helpful with suggestions and even making calls to try to make dinner reservations for us. Highly recommended.

1  Thank ChipK539

Thank you for your kind comments, Chip! We are delighted that you both enjoyed your stay in our home.

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

We usually use self catering, but for this trip we wanted to move around a bitmore, so B and B's were the go. Cuilcheanna House, right on the shore of Loch Linnhe, couldn't have given us a better start. It is a home with a grand history and Mary and Kirsty treated us in great sytle. The room (Iona) with ensuite had lovely Loch views - when the weather was kind! It was comfortably and tastefully furnished. Breakfast was fresh and tasty. Great stay!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MickB53

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review for us. We are pleased that you had a comfortable stay. We hope to welcome you back to Cuilcheanna House in the future.

Reviewed 1 October 2016

We stayed in this lovely guest house on our way from the Glencoe Valley to Ft. William. The House is situated at the head of a lovely lake and the scenery from our window was breathtaking. The room was comfortable and the breakfast was delicious. There is a very nice sitting room for the use of guests.

Room tip: View of the lake
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you, Pat S, for taking the time to leave this review for us. We ope to welcome you back to our home in the future.

Reviewed 4 September 2016

We just stayed for a night with two French friends and it really is a beautiful place. We were a bit disappointed that neither of us had Loch views, but it didn't spoil our stay. We had a great breakfast with lots of choice. Good value for money.

Room tip: Ask for a Loch view when you book!
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review for us - we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are sorry that you didn't have a loch view in either of your rooms; obviously we would love to have a loch view from all rooms but sadly this is not possible. As we do not charge extra for these rooms they are allocated when booking on a 'first come first served basis'.