Innseagan House Hotel
  • Restaurant
Cruachan Hotel(Fort William)
US$267
  • Breakfast included
Clan Macduff Hotel(Fort William)
US$194
  • Breakfast included
The Gantocks B&B(Fort William)
US$194
US$209
PremierInn.com
US$114
US$24
Pitchup.com
Fort William Backpackers(Fort William)(Great Value!)
US$55
Hostelworld.com
All reviewscoal firebrilliant staywalk into townan evening mealshort breakhome from homeplenty of parkingamazing viewswarm welcomelochfortinvernessben
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Someone needs to explain to the manager the meaning of customer relations! My husband and I had such an abysmal reception we walked out after five minutes of his ranting. We had made the booking after being given a special offer, [through the sister hotel in Portsonachan] several months before our planned visit. My husband checked the booking a few days before and was told there was no record so he then had to make several phone calls to sort this out. When we arrived at the hotel, after a long drive, we were at first ignored then given a tirade about all the problems he’d had connected with these special offers. We at first sympathized with him but as he continued we pointed out that this was not the way to greet guests. He then asked how we felt he should be behaving so we made some very polite suggestions and I said I would step out so he could re-group and we could start again. No such luck it was ‘Groundhog Day’ all over again! So, in spite of having paid for three nights in advance, we left. We found a lovely B & B [Westcourt] closer to the town centre and with a charming and very helpful proprietor.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else!!!!
3  Thank Nidz15
frankiegee13, Manager at Innseagan House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Well sir I'm sorry you feel this way. I asked for your Voucher and you proceeded to recite a number off the top of your head. I asked for a Confirmation Letter, and you said you had none. I then asked you to please fill out a registration form, which I was trying to print out for you, and you stated you just "wanted to go to your room". The fire code states that all of my guests are accounted for, and your registration form was the only way I had of doing so. I'm very happy that you were able to find alternate accommodation.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

We chose this hotel due to a kgb deal. We stayed there for 2 nights. I had my reservations about the hotel when I found out that they do not do dinners. In my opinion they should not call themselves a hotel but a B&B. Upon arrival we met the owners, (husband and wife team Frank and Alexandra) who seemed pleasant enough at first. We were told that our room was not ready and had to wait about an hour and a half. We could not have a drink in the bar because they were awaiting their drinks licence. Whilst waiting we wanted to watch the FA cup final, only to be told they do not have sky.
When we eventually got into our room, it looked comfortable but found the old grouting and moulded bath seal was not very enticing to have a bath.
Breakfast the following morning was an experience, there is only a one hour window in which to have breakfast, so if you missed it, tough luck according to Frank. One is not given a choice for breakfast, only offered scrambled eggs and bacon. I had to ask for a sausage which I got begrudgingly, cant imagine what would have happend if I dare asked for beans.
The following morning what we experience could have spoilt our whole weekend. Along with several others, we got a bang on the door informing us that the kitchen was closing in 20 minutes and would not get breakfast if we were not down pronto. The scramble egg and bacon was placed in front of us and the coffee was stone cold. When we complained Frank informed us that it has been sitting there a while. He did not offer to replace it. He just stormed back into the kitchen and blurred out Puerto Rican music. He then proceeded to complain to one of the staff, about his wife joining these deals to get customers staying at the hotel which he disagreed with and needed money. We could not wait to get out of there. We said goodbye to Frank upon departure to which we got no response.
I have to say that Alexandra (the wife) is a very nice lady and try very hard to accommodate but her husband is a very unpleasant man. NEVER AGAIN.

4  Thank Lil66_12

Under Scottish Law, Smoking is prohibited in Hotel Rooms. My Housekeeper pointed out evidence that Someone in your party had been smoking in one of my freshly decorated bathrooms. Your wait was only 15 minutes an, and you were provided with a free coffee service while you waited. As for the bar. Unfortunately the process of licensing a premise takes time. I did not feel it was economically feaseable to pay for Sky if the Bar area was not in use.You were BLACK LISTED before you checked out an hour and a half late. I want to thank you for your candid post.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

Had decided to head up north for a couple of days, talk about landing on our feet what a beautifull place and amazing price. This B and B used to be a five star hotel, As the decor feel and quality shows throughout. our room and on suite bathroom were spotless bed linen was so soft and comfortable. Not to mention the food and hospitality. Frank and his wife Alex(managers) were wonderful it was a pleasure to be a guest. On our last night we were going to head into Fort William for something to eat. I`m so glad we didn`t as Frank is an excellent chef and clearly very passionate about food. You`ll get a great evening meal in a dining room with a view to die for with Frank and Alex strongly recommend. What a great place will be back.

Room Tip: Try and book a room at the front of the hotel so you are waking up to that amazing view
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I visited this hotel recently and was really impressed with the level of service I received. I arrived late due to the drive, and a 2 year old, but the manager and his wife were happy to help and we checked in, feeling welcomed.

When we saw the room we were impressed the bed had fresh linen that really did smell brand new, they also put an extra Z Bed in for the little one. The décor was fresh clean, smelt really new and the view from my room was outstanding, it looked right onto the loch and the surrounding mountains.

After a good night sleep I felt well rested and again was amazed by the view. Breakfast wan't the usual, a nice change from the cooked Scottish Breakfast. They offered a lovely fresh fruit salad, cereal. This was just to start they also offered either French toast (or scrambled egg) which I loved, it had maple syrup and cooked to perfection, was definitely ready for the day ahead.

I wasn't sure of the area and again the Manager and his wife were to the rescue, with interesting activities that would be great to keep my daughter amused. We visited the sea life centre and the Nevis Range, which is a must if you visit Fort William.

We decided to have dinner at the hotel which was a great price also and we received a huge steak that again was good too perfection, we had nice home made chips with a Spanish sauce, which was lovely and nice to try. The staff helped cater for the fussy eater my daughter and as she wasn't well her appetite wasn't the best, but she even said it was nice, and they cooked something especially for her.

My overall experience with this Fort William Hotel was extremely positive and I couldn't fault the hotel in anyway. The staff were always willing to help, the food was awesome, and the room was decorated to a high standard. Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Fort William.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Joe E
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Found this place just by chance on google maps,and Im glad I did !,It was perfect from moment we stepped through the door,I stayed here for 2 nights with my wife in the family room ,which had a very comfortable ,well presented double and single bed in it ! it had a ensuite bathroom which was spotless ! extremely clean .then came breakfast ,so much choice ,Frank and George was so accomadating ,even got up early on our last day so we could leave early.A quality place with quality service for a quality price something you don't get very often .Well Recomended !!!! so stop looking and book here ! and also on the loch which is a 1 minute walk down the road are plently of restuarnts and can I say 'The Kitchen' is one of the best restuants Ive been to too,Quality all round !!!

Room Tip: Room 10 so amazing.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple