“Location Location”

Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Fort William
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Location Location”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Location was amazing.The Hotel was empty so being put in a room right at the end of a corridor with no view was disapointing as the views from the Hotel are stunning. The room was ok to come back to after a good day out but couldn't hang about in it, needs a little updating, although the shower was spot on! Breakfast was a little different from what i'd expect added to that was an argument in the kitchen about who's worked harder than who and the balls of hair under the table in the restaurant. Alex I have to say was lovely, smiley and informative. I think if I paid full asking price for two nights I wouldn't be happy but for what was paid it was ok. Good luck for the future guys.

2 Thank Abbs_12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
glasgow
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I visited here on my way up to Inverness with friends. we did not have a room booked but the receptionist was very welcoming and managed to find us 2 twin rooms. The rooms were clean and quite modern. we met the manager Frank when we went for a drink in their bar. The breakfast was very good although it took 15 minutes to arrive. All in all i would return here in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2012

On arrivel it was fine seemed nice enough got into rooms ok could be updated a bit, And the bathroom tiles on the floor where broken. We decided to eat in the hotel that night but when we seen the menu it's was so over priced 30 pound for steak witch would have been fine if u where eating in a top class restaurant but this wasn't. Frank offered us chilli at 10 pound a plate so that was fine then he said that it would be 2 hours we have a small baby so by the time the dinner was ready he was sleeping. When a asked if we could have our food in our room he went mad and was very rude. We kept out there way the next day. On the day of check out he gave me the bill of 40pounds so a asked why it was £40, £5 pounds for kids meal,£5 for room service and £30 for chilli so a refused to pay as he said the chilli would be £10. He went mental shouting at me said he would call the police a said phone them. Totaly insulted me in front of other guests this man is a joke. He should be running a hotel does not have a clue. He should a look a the hotel Alexandra price list steaks Delish and a fraction of the price would totaly recommend.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Kamoonie

Travellers are raving about these Fort William hotels

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2012

This has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The room was supposedly a superior room, to me it was very basic & nothing special. Breakfast was the worse breakfast I have ever seen, I didn't eat it. The fruit salad was just apple, pear & slimey brown banana! I will not be returning!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sarah K
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Firstly, I didn't read the reviews before I came to stay here with my girlfriend. Which is just as well, because the bulk of bad reviews on this page are based on trips from 2004, well before Frank and Alexandra took the place over. And as can be seen from reading the poor reviews, it seems the guests took liberties with the facilities on offer. Our stay, without exception, was excellent.

We were greeted late in the evening after a long car journey on a warm May weekend. Frank, the manager, was courteous and friendly on arrival and gave us the low-down on the town, and recommended his breakfast french toast speciality. The hotel was nice and quiet, easy to find, and spotlessly clean. Its a great little place to use as a base for exploring this part of Scotland. We climbed Ben Nevis in sweltering heat, and returned to a nice clean room with cool sheets to relax on.

On top of all that, we were given a great offer for dinner one evening but already had a table booked elsewhere. The sound of the porterhouse steak dinner makes my mouth water even now, so its a good reason to return some day.

Room Tip: The Loch side is also the road side. For my money the road traffic wasn't enough to spoil such...
1 Thank Kevimac
Loxwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I have just been looking at the last few reviews and find it very hard to know whether these people stayed at the same place as my wife and I did. I will admit that there were problems with the bar but I know how licensing can take time and Frank made us fully aware that we could bring in our own beers and wines and also he chilled our white wine for us. Wherever they could, they excelled in the service given to their customers and even though they are a long way away from us in Sussex we would visit again at the drop of a hat.

Frank and Alex are the most welcoming of couples to people that are themselves welcoming of the service that is provided. When we stayed the weather was at it's best for our visit to Scotland and the view from the dining room is delightful.

I am sure that there are areas where Frank would like to improve the offering that the hotel is giving and I am confident that this will happen.

1 Thank tomthepub
Leicesterhire
Reviewed 25 May 2012

0 out of 5, is an honest assessment of the experience we had at this hotel, but Trip Adviser won't let you give less than 1 out of 5.

The manager was clearly out of his depth and was ranting and swearing because rooms weren't ready even though we checked in well after the designated time. He made us feel like it was our fault and he proceeded to ignore us from this point, no apology or anything.

Like most folk, you go to a hotel to get away from things, not to be made to feel so bad.

Breakfast choice is so limited, you can have fruit salad or cereal, followed by scrambled egg on toast or french toast ( eggy bread as we called it as kids ) with bacon or sausage. This is miserly to say the least. We had to fill in a menu card when we checked in saying what our breakfast choices were and what time we wanted it, but when we turned up for breakfast we were asked what we wanted, so filling out the menu card was a waste of time.

After breakfast we went out for the day, leaving the room key with the manger as he requested so he could "freshen the room", but when we got back early evening the room had not been touched, the bed unmade, bins not emptied and teacups dirty, which just added to our feeling that he didn't like us and was intent on making us feel as unwelcome as possible.

We left early the following morning, and were relieved to be away from this place. We'd decided not to eat there after seeing their dogs in the restaurant!

I've heard of shooting yourself in the foot, but this guy is machine gunning his own legs off.

Appalling attitude to customers.

Hotel location is fantastic with gorgeous views across Loch Linnhe and could be such a great place to go.

I'm sure there will be lots of excuses as he seems to be quite prolific at replying to reviews on here, but don't believe a word of it.

Room Tip: Best tip I can give you is to book somewhere else, if you have a deal coupon, then get a refund off...
2 Thank pumpybumm
frankiegee13, Manager at Innseagan House Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2012
Your room was not ready because we wash all linen after a room is vacated. The previous night we had a full house and due to a mix up your room was the last to be fitted out. When you became loud and confrontational, I gave you the FREE upgrade you DEMANDED. I am glad you were lucid enough to make it home and write this review. We took care of all the empty wine bottles you left behind. You could not leave soon enough.