“Nice stay, great views”

Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Fort William
surrey
“Nice stay, great views”
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a two night stay, in a basic but clean double bedroom with views across the lock. It's in a good location, about 25 mins walk into Fort William. The breakfast room is light and airy, and the breakfast was good. My husband wanted one more sausage however as the one you get is quite thin.
The room could of done with a headboard for the bed and some individual long life milks as there are tea and coffee making facilities, and everything else is supplied but milk, and there isn't a fridge. We had afternoon tea in the lounge which was nice, and there is a bar we didn't use but looked nice. The two dogs are lovely, very friendly. Sheila chases the headlights of cars in the front garden which is amusing! Overall we had a nice stay, and recommend it.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed here prior to starting the great Glen cycle. The owner of the hotel was very helpful and we loved that she had her two dogs behind the desk. We were feeling quite dog deprived by that time so having a bit of doggie time was great for us. The room was comfortable and warm, the bathroom big enough, shower wan't great but old hotels in Scotland all struggle with this. Breakfast was very yummy, lots of black pudding and bacon. Good directions to find our way to the local restaurants and the bike shop. We were even able to dry our wet boots from our previous hiking further south.

Room Tip: we had a lovely room at the front of the hotel with a great view out over the mountains.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Adelaide, South Australia
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We pre-booked three double rooms from Australia well in advance of out trip, and we were not disappointed. The staff were very friendly and welcoming, and the three rooms had various views out across the road to Loch Lynne. The place is a nice mixture of old and new, with the new being the beds and the bathrooms, which were very good indeed.
Our breakfast was excellent, setting us up well for the next leg of our tour, and we all enjoyed a chat and pat with Sheila the Border Collie on the way out.
Very happy to recommend Innseagan House to other travellers on the basis of our experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stayed for one night in September and would not stay again. This hotel has lovely views to the front of the property from the bar. But nothing from the room I was allocated. On first seeing the room I was very tempted to walk out and find somewhere else to stay. The only thing that stopped me was the fact I had already paid the full amount. The room was in need of a lot of TLC, very dated and shabby looking. The bed had no headboard, no pillow protectors, the carpet was stained. I did not unpack anything as I did not feel the room was clean enough to put things down anywhere. the price for the standard of room in my opinion is too high. Would not recommend this hotel in its present condition.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the loch
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Nicola48186337

Travellers are raving about these Fort William hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

In all my years and travel I've never experienced such rude and inappropriate behaviour as my sister and I received from the owner of this hotel. We reserved a twin room for one night. Upon arrival we were shown to a stifling, overheated room with a small double bed, views were, well a bush! I heard a noise coming from the bathroom and as I am a light sleeping I expressed my concern to the receptionist, she assured me it was because it was "shower time" and during the night it would be quiet. The lovely receptionist Shelia told us she would separate the beds, so we decided to walk the 1.2 miles to the town. 40 minutes later we got there!

When we returned to the hotel the noise in the room was still there. I voiced my concern and the owner told me that particular room wasn't a great room anyway as it was adjacent to the boiler, therefore she would move us. As I was moving my case my sister asked the owner if she could look at the room, the owner then very rudely told her if she didn't like the room she could leave, there were lots of bed and breakfasts around! When my sister said it wasn't the room, it was the noise, the owner then informed her, not in a nice and friendly manner, what did she expect, it was a hotel and hotels were noisy! She then turned her back on my sister and marched off. I was appalled, my sister was upset and so taken aback she was at a loss for words. I immediately asked to speak to the owner who refused to show her face. We informed the receptionist we would not stay another minute in the hotel and wanted our money refunded. At 9pm we had to order a taxi and find another place to stay. Thank goodness we did, a beautiful, friendly, spacious, QUIET bed and breakfast 300 meters from the town. I will be writing an excellent review on this B&B! Such a shame our trip, which we were taking in memory of our late mum, was spoiled by this horrible experience. My sister and I are nice, decent, honest ladies who do not like causing a fuss. The owner may decide to defend herself and say we were problem guests, I can assure you, this is a polite, honest, true version of what really happened. Thank you for asking the time to read this review.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank grayani
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We were received very well and Alexandra the lady who runs the hotel was very accommodating.
We were given the room we had asked for and had a lovely time. Staying in this part of the world was really very enjoyable and we went on the West Highland railway to Mallaig. Amazing views from the train. It was a pity that it was raining in Mallaig but it was still very beautiful and we saw the ferry that goes to the Isle of Sky.

Room Tip: The room with the view over Loch Linhe is very nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
scotland
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Just had a very good weekend stay in this hotel. Me and a friend shared a twin room for two nights. The room was spotless and the facilities included tea/coffee making, a flat screen television and en-suite bathroom with shower. There was plenty of space and a roomy wardrobe that held all our substantial walking equipment.
Overall, the hotel is very clean and in many ways charming: the bar has a wonderful view onto Loch Linnhie, as does the lounge which is furnished with very comfortable leather chairs.You can sit and enjoy the view with a drink or an enjoyable afternoon tea or coffee. The dining room is large, again with the view. Plenty of parking space available. A fifteen minute walk to the town centre has stunning views across the loch.
The.breakfast selection is excellent and very good. Good choice of evening meals, using local suppliers, at reasonable prices. The steak pie is well worth a try.
The staff are friendly and very helpful, but perhaps as important, enthusiastic. The hotel welcomes dogs, which in this reviewers opinion is a positive.
This hotel is one I'll use again when next in the area.

Room Tip: Pay extra for loch view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends