“An amazing day off!”

Up and Doon Guided Walks
Ranked #8 of 19 Tours in Fort William
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Up and Doon Guided Walks specializes in unique and personalized walks with small numbers guaranteed(max 6).At an affordable price for individuals,families and groups of friends.We have guided walks and hikes for everyone from gentle valley,walks to more challenging mountain hikes and expeditions.Walk through beautiful forests,see spectacular waterfalls, see Deer and other wildlife including the endangered Golden Eagle,paddle on remote beaches,tramp over wild moorlands and climb high mountains.Our guides all friendly,qualified and experienced will look after you on your journey exploring the wilds of the Scottish Highlands.Check out our website for walks,hikes and expeditions we have running or get in touch for further information.
Turin, Italy
“An amazing day off!”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I had an incredible time with Andy climbing the Ben Y Vrackie mountain in Pitlochry (Perthshire). I got in touch with Andy through the Pitlochry Backpackers Hostel where I was staying. Pitlochry is a small but beautiful town and has a lot to offer in terms of walking and cycling.
The hiking lasted approximately 4 hours and Andy's knowledge of the place and the environment, his true love for Scotland and his genuine friendliness made a terrific difference!
When we reached the top Andy pulled out from his knapsack a thermos full of warm coffee and we enjoyed the fantastic view.
To sum up I suggest to anyone who visits Scotland to don't miss the chance to enjoy fully his time here having a excellent walk with this funny aberdonian guy!

Visited August 2013
davo98, Owner at Up and Doon Guided Walks, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Hi Filippo

Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review:) I enjoyed our walk up Ben Vrackie and we were lucky to have such great weather:) A cup of coffee on the summit is one of the most important parts of the day:) Hopefully i will see you again this summer for a wee wander:)

Seattle, Washington
“Andy is incredible!!”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I can't say enough good things about Andy and his Up and Doon Guided Walks. He was an absolutely awesome guide during the hike to the top of Ben Nevis in January 2013 and then he really went above and beyond by helping me with plans for my West Highland Way trip in September of 2013. I am so happy that I haphazardly found Andy as a guide. I've never used a guide before and didn't feel the need for a mountain that was only 4,400 feet (I'm from CO originally) but considering it was winter and everyone I spoke with thought I was crazy to do it alone, I decided it would be wise to have a guide. At first I was disappointed to spend money for a hike (I was on a very tight budget) but I am so happy I did and have never regretted it for a moment. Andy helped make the hike to the top of Great Britain's tallest mountain a brilliant experience and one that I will always cherish. He's a fantastic guy, with an awesome personality, great sense of humor, full of fun facts and knowledge that he shares with you, and his prices are completely affordable (even for the super tight budget traveler). If you're considering spending some time in the Highlands, you should definitely contact Andy and see if you can arrange a trip or hike with him - it is absolutely worth the money and will make your time in Scotland even more tremendous!!! =) If there was a 6 star option, I would give him the 6!!

Visited September 2013
Hi elodieo6208

Thanks so much for your review:) We were very lucky to experience spring conditions in January on Ben Nevis! I am glad that it was such a memorable experience for you. I was also glad that i was able to help you plan your trip on the West Highland Way. I always want people to have the best experience possible when they visit Scotland so i am glad that my advice and tips were a help:) I was only disappointed that i couldn't spare the time to walk with you at all:( I look forward to seeing you on your return to Scotland:)
Charlottetown, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Andy's an excellent guide, knowledgeable and”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I highly recommend Andy Davidson and Up and Doon Guided Walks. I found Andy through the hostel I had booked in Fort William for July 2013. It was my first time to hire a guide sight unseen and I must admit I was a bit nervous but I couldn't have dreamed of a better outcome. Prior to arriving in Scotland Andy and I exchanged a few emails to settle trip details and he met me at the hostel the night before our first hike to introduce himself and to review plans which really put me at ease.

We had two days of hiking, the first day to Buchaille Etive Mor and the following day Ben Nevis, by way of the Mountain Track and returning by Carn Mor Dearg Arete. Absolutely beautiful hot days and incredible views!! Unfortunately my camera battery went dead on the second day.

Andy is an experienced hiker, a unique personality and an incredibly funny guy! His knowledge of the natural environment and history of the area added so much to the experience.

I loved that we used local transportation to get to and from the trail heads - I got to chat with some very interesting local people on each leg of the trip and I felt that I was limiting my carbon footprint on the planet.

I definitely plan to return to Scotland in the future and will contact Up and Doon Guided Walks again as it made my trip memorable and it was so reasonably priced!

Visited July 2013
davo98, Owner at Up and Doon Guided Walks, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Hi Bonnie

Thanks so much for your lovely review. I am glad that you had a great time on your walks. The weather was fantastic and we were very lucky.Hopefully it will be as nice the next time you return to bonnie Scotland:) Until then take care:)