“Couldn't ask for more!”

JJ's Cafe
Ranked #32 of 69 Restaurants in Fort William
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have visited JJ's on several occasions now and will cntinue to do so whenever I visit Fort William. I have to adhere to a gluten-free diet so eating out can be awkward at times. Breakfasts can be a particular problem because if items are cooked or stored together. JJ's go out of their way to accomodate my needs and nothing has been too much trouble. The cafe itself is delightful and homely with a diversity of seating which lets you know straight away that you are not in something belonging to a faceless national chain. There is a play area for kids, shelves of books for adults and the wall are covered with fascinating maps and railway themed photos of the region. The food is always cooked to requirements and I have never had cause for complaint. The staff are very welcoming and have never yet simply taken our order without also having a chat and showing an interest in us. I just wish I was able to try their cakes, they look fantastic ( and I understand they taste as good as they look).

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Yes I am local but jj's provides a great service, friendly and warm atmosphere. It is family run and caters for all. The food is excellent and have been eating there for some years, never had a bad meal yet. The staff are great always wanting to make your time enjoyable and nothing is too much trouble. I am a big eater and struggle to eat there portions. Belly buster, if you want a filling breakfast I would totally recommend. Prices are good for the amount you get. The home cooking is unbelievable the size of cake portion would feed two. Great food guys long may you continue providing fort William with a great service.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Enjoyed a really great breakfast here at the end of an overnight drive. Just what we needed to perk us up. The kids have begged us to stop by again in future as they enjoyed it so much. Lovely service, a good cup of tea and reasonable prices - so much better than your average pit-stop!

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Lady owner is very friendly until you tell her the food is not to your liking, then she turns on you! Ours was cold & not cooked properly, we were told not to bother coming back if we didnt like it... Appalling... Cafe itself very dark & dingy & musty smelling. Lunchtime is full of children from local high school. Lochy bar sells bar meals for families & is only another mile up A830, but miles better.

Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Always had good service here. Good size portions at a reasonable price. Breakfasts and home baking are to die for.