“Great little place for a big-breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles

JJ's Cafe
Ranked #29 of 65 Restaurants in Fort William
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Scottish
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Great little place for a big-breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Good value, freshly cooked food - we certainly needed a light snack (I lied - it was a full breakfast) after a very slow drive from Skye!

Visited June 2014

leicester
“Diabolical”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

my partner and I stopped for a break after travelling over 300 miles. Feeling tired and hungry we ordered fish n chips and lasagne and tea to drink. We waited almost 30 mins for our food that looked like it been salvaged from a burnt out skip! The lasagne had been clearly over cooked in the microwave as the cheese was rock hard and the layers of pasta were like plastic... couldn't find the meat! It was immediately sent back and a fresh one promised. The fish and chips were almost as bad with the fish over cooked. The chips were a soggy mess. 2nd lasagne arrived looking a little better until I tried to cut it, hard and plasticky still, my chips had been refried. Pretty sure the chips were oven chips that had been deep fried instead. Most of the menu says HOMEMADE... I dont believe this for one second after what we were served! Beware that farmfoods store is next door.... very expensive even if the food wouldve been quality but this wouldnt have made it in to my pigswill bucket!!.

Visited July 2014
5 Thank jean s
Rensselaer, New York, United States
“A Welcomed Surprise.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stopped here on our way through to Fort William and to visit the Cameron museum. Our whole trip through Scotland I had been having the homemade soup special for lunch. Here at JJ's
I chose their Split Pea with Ham. It came with brown bread and was delicious. It was a bit chilly outside so I chose hot chocolate to have with the soup. The hot chocolate was so creamy. I loved it. They offer free wi-fi at this establishment so we were able to access the Net while there if we wanted to.

Other reviews have panned this place but the four of us had a great lunch.

• Visited July 2014
Stranraer, Scotland, United Kingdom
“first rate food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

A few of us were downhill mountain biking for a few days on June 30th-July 2nd 2014

JJ's was recommended to us by Kirsty from Farr Cotttage Hostel.

we stopped at JJ's in the mornings when we were en route to Aonach Mòr for the biking...

I had bacon rolls and a coffee on the first day and then black pudding rolls and coffee on the 2nd day, a few of the lads had the "Belly Buster" breakfast.

all I can say is that the food was delicious and reasonably priced for what you got... the Belly buster was good value for money as you got 2 slices of toast with it....

will be using JJ's again next month as we are heading back up for another downhill biking weekend....

Highly recommend you pay JJ's a visit... the staff were friendly and polite and nothing was too much trouble to them...

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fort William, United Kingdom
“worst meal ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

went to JJs yesterday with a friend, my macaroni cheese and chips came without the garlic bread, the macaroni cheese was swimming in grease, couldn't eat it, the chips had been recooked several times, inedible, this is the first time I have ever complained but the meal went beyond bad, my friens chips were the same as mine and her toasted sandwich looked like it had been fried in oil, never again.

• Visited June 2014