Ossian's Hotel
US$220
US$159
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Clan Macduff Hotel(Fort William)
US$194
US$209
PremierInn.com
Highland Hotel(Fort William)
  • Restaurant
Cruachan Hotel(Fort William)
  • Breakfast included
The Factor's House(Fort William)
TripAdvisor
The West End Hotel(Fort William)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Croit Anna Hotel(Fort William)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfort william high streetthird floorlocal amenitiestop floorbed was comfortablehotelier
Reviewed 21 June 2011

This review might sound harsh, but the thing is, this was supposed to be my one night away from hostels and I was so excited for a nice single room right in the middle of Fort William. So when I was terribly disappointed, I kept thinking about the awful review I would give it.
Anyway, this is just a list: mean/rude reception lady who made me feel like I was intruding by getting a room there; awful decor - not charming or simple or possibly misguided - it looked like someone got the cheapest carpet and the cheapest wall paper and just tried to cover up the old building. You can feel loose floor boards under the carpet and see cracks behind the wall paper; tiny room (no big deal, but thought I should put it in here) ; Windows that look out onto a roof covered in pigeon poop and mold; CARPETED bathroom; tiny shower that I couldn't fit in (im 5'8) ; towels and sheets that reeked of chlorine. Everything was dirty, disgusting. But the worse thing was the SMELL!!! it seriously made me want to throw up and now my clothes smell like it. I figured out its the smell of rotting meat from the subway dumpster downstairs. Bleh!
Oh! Winter travelers, I saw no heat vents in the whole room.

Room Tip: don't go here!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank veryveronicaIV
Reviewed 8 May 2011

Stayed here for two nights,staff friendley,rooms clean and have recentley been repainted to good standard,location at heart of fort william,disco friday saturday so if you like discos fine if not avoid weekends personally i do so enjoyed stay even more...pets are welcome wich took the hell out of trying to find somewhere as you can imagine if dog owner..would defiantley reccomend if your on a budget 4/5

Room Tip: Ask for recentley painted rooms and loch views
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cancerfour69
Reviewed 28 January 2011

ossians is a great hotel ,ok its a bit outdated ,but i quite like that sort of thing it has a lot of history and you feel that. the staff are very helpfull ,the rooms are nice and tidy and beds are very comfartable,and also the meals are nice. every weekend they have a disco and i feel its a great night out,the best thing about ossians is its great value for money plus its located on the high street.me personaly would recomend it to anyone who wants value for money plus it right in the heart of fort william.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Katie186532
Reviewed 7 January 2011

We are both 50+ ..... If we want a WII ..... it will not be on the television, it will be in the loo! This hotel reflects the history of Fort William. Ask the owners or staff ... they will be happy to explain! When we are on a break, we want looked after, our privacy respected, good food and a clean room. We were only allowed to select one date, but pleased be advised that we have been coming here for years and not only have we had our friends here but also our family. The only reason that I found this site is because of a wallet change (I lost their number!). If you want a bog standard hotel .... look elsewhere ..... if you want charm, service and a sense of days gone by ..... then ask for a room inspection before you commit ..... (that is what got us!). If you want to pay 500 pounds per night for something that might suit you .... call me!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank phillymoh
Reviewed 14 August 2010

This hotel was less than half the price of the others in Fort William. We paid £48 per night for a double room. I feel that some of the reviews on here are carrying unrealistic expectations of what you should expect from a hotel in this price bracket.

Our room was shabby, but clean and did not smell. Bed was comfortable. Staff were friendly. And let's face it, you don't go to a location like Fort William to stay indoors anyway.

The main minus was that the room only had single glazing, so at pub closing time you could hear every word said (or more like shouted) from the main street as if the persons were in your room. I would suggest that if you are staying here you ask for a room overlooking the loch to avoid this (and get a better view!). Otherwise don't try going to bed before 1pm.

I could imagine that noise from hotel disco would be horrendous on Friday/Saturday, so I suggest you avoid these days (unless, of course, you want to attend the disco).

One slight anachronism was that the rooms were all "smoking". Pleased my wife, but not me.

Oh, and pets are allowed. Next time we're taking the dog.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple