We have returned to stay at the Clan Macduff Hotel in Fort William on several occasions and in our experience this hotel has consistently strived to provide a friendly and professional service for its guests. The hotel has a stunning viewpoint overlooking Loch Linnhe and is roughly a 20 minute walk away from the centre of Fort William (the walk is a very pleasant experience). We always enjoy a walk over to the Loch across the road from the hotel where you can see a variety of birdlife and sometimes catch sight of seals swimming in the Loch.
The hotel service is excellent and over the years we have come to know some of the staff members quite well - they are a credit to the hotel and their professionalism, engaging personalities and their commitment to guests is admirable. The hotel provides an array of choice within their breakfast menu (our friends loved the locally sourced kippers); the food is very tasty and well-presented. The breakfast service is efficient and is especially enjoyable when you acquire a table looking out at the wonderful view.
For other times of the day guests have a choice of two comfortable seating areas in the hotel where they can relax and order tea/coffee and biscuits while browsing through a choice of reading material provided by the hotel or simply chill out while admiring the scenery.
For evening times there is an on-site restaurant or you can take the more relaxed option and order a bar meal (my husband particularly liked the venison sausages) and relax with a beer or spoil yourself with a good quality Scottish malt whisky from the extensive choice behind the bar.
We will be returning to the Clan Macduff hotel as it has consistently proven to be an ideal base from which to tour the Highlands - our thanks to the Fyffe family and to the hotel staff, we had a wonderful time, see you all next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is a STB 3 Star establishment situated just 2 miles south of Fort William on the A82, overlooking loch Linnhe, with outstanding views of magnificent highland scenery. Well-appointed en-suite bedrooms with colour television, hospitality tray etc. Large choice dinner menu. Delicious bar suppers. Fine selection of malt whiskies. Large car park. This friendly family run hotel is dedicated in providing good quality and value hospitality. Sorry No Pets accepted ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Clan Macduff Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clan Macduff Fort William
- Hotel Clan Macduff
- Clan Macduff Hotel Fort William, Scotland