It’ll be fair to say that the hotel has a very dated feel to it. Perhaps not surprising as it has, apparently, been in family hands for nearly 40 years. Some of the furnishings certainly date to that – for example, heavy dark wood in our bedroom which did nothing to lighten the room already dark by its proximity to the cliff face which is almost literally within touching distance of the window. Suggest if you’re here for a little while, it’ll be worth trying to get a lake facing room (which, presumably, costs more).
The room is clean and comfy though, with all that you need for an overnight stay.
Breakfast continues the air of quaintness. It’s served by a real person, not the usual scramble for a buffet. And there’s all the usual expectations for the “full fry up”. Quantity certainly, if not top quality. Sausage was of the unpleasant pappy “catering” variety. Baked beans were in a thin sauce. But, this aside, it was OK, although probably not as good as your favourite “greasy spoon” local caff.
All in all, it's OK for overnight - but I wouldnt want to stop longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is a STB 3 Star establishment situated just 2 miles south of Fort William on the A82, overlooking loch Linnhe, with outstanding views of magnificent highland scenery. Well-appointed en-suite bedrooms with colour television, hospitality tray etc. Large choice dinner menu. Delicious bar suppers. Fine selection of malt whiskies. Large car park. This friendly family run hotel is dedicated in providing good quality and value hospitality. Sorry No Pets accepted ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Priceline so you can book your Clan Macduff Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clan Macduff Fort William
- Hotel Clan Macduff
- Clan Macduff Hotel Fort William, Scotland