We chose this hotel for a one night stop over on our way to Loch Ness and purely made the decision based on the name!
When we arrived we were impressed by the reception staff who took the time to show us to our room and tell us where the bar and restaurant were. Our room was at the back and had a view of a retaining wall but that was what we expected as we knew when we booked we didn't have a view of the loch.
The bar was friendly and welcoming with a good menu and over 50 different malts to choose from. Staff were also helpful on this front offering advice on which to try.
The view from the bar and restaurant is spectacular and, because the hotel is slightly elevated, not blocked by the road outside.
In the morning a walk outside into the car park was well worth it for a few picturs of the flat calm loch.
Overall we were very impressed by Clan Macduff and wished that we were staying there for more that the one night. It was by far the best of the 3 hotels we had in the highlands and also the cheapest.
Highly recommended for a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is a STB 3 Star establishment situated just 2 miles south of Fort William on the A82, overlooking loch Linnhe, with outstanding views of magnificent highland scenery. Well-appointed en-suite bedrooms with colour television, hospitality tray etc. Large choice dinner menu. Delicious bar suppers. Fine selection of malt whiskies. Large car park. This friendly family run hotel is dedicated in providing good quality and value hospitality. Sorry No Pets accepted ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Clan Macduff Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clan Macduff Fort William
- Hotel Clan Macduff
- Clan Macduff Hotel Fort William, Scotland