If you are going to stay here, I would avoid the annex. It's not very nice. Very poor Internet connection, really old sunken in bed, old tacky furniture, the window didn't open hardly at all, the outer door was almost impossible to lock. The staff also lost my reservation and said that it happens from time to time. So beware. In my opinion losing reservations from time to time isn't good enough. I was lucky in that there were spare rooms and I ended up getting one. Also, the landing just outside my room was pretty decrepit. The cement ground was half torn up and there was a persons personal shed-like area where they stored their bins and such. Seriously, it wouldn't be hard to fix these issues. Fork out a little to properly cement the ground, put a cheap table and chairs set outside for people to relax on, cordon off the private area that is ugly with a fence, maybe place a couple of pot plants around. It would go a million miles to making this area more welcoming. As for the room, get a tradesman in to fix the outer door, buy a new mattress, and please do away with those blankets that look like they are seriously thirty years old. I'm not exaggerating here, I have blankets at home that I use for moving purposes that look the same. A half decent quilt really wouldn't cost that much. The thing is, the nicer a place is the more people will be willing to pay. And they will either come back or will refer the place to friends. Sadly I won't be doing either. Oh, and the walls were paper thin in regards to noise from the adjacent room.
The service was nice enough. The bathroom in the room was clean and adequate for what I needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is a STB 3 Star establishment situated just 2 miles south of Fort William on the A82, overlooking loch Linnhe, with outstanding views of magnificent highland scenery. Well-appointed en-suite bedrooms with colour television, hospitality tray etc. Large choice dinner menu. Delicious bar suppers. Fine selection of malt whiskies. Large car park. This friendly family run hotel is dedicated in providing good quality and value hospitality. Sorry No Pets accepted ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Clan Macduff Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clan Macduff Fort William
- Hotel Clan Macduff
- Clan Macduff Hotel Fort William, Scotland