Clan Macduff Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Bay Caledonian Hotel(Fort William)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Innseagan House Hotel(Fort William)
View Hotel
Croit Anna Hotel(Fort William)
Cruachan Hotel(Fort William)
  • Breakfast included
The Lime Tree(Fort William)
View Hotel
The West End Hotel(Fort William)
  • Breakfast included
Highland Hotel(Fort William)
  • Restaurant
Ossian's Hotel(Fort William)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewswaitress servicedining roomfront facinglounge barloch viewlovely hoteltwo nightsreception staffovernight stopgood sizefantastic viewstriple roombreakfast was excellentbit datedshort stayplenty of parkingcomfortable rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here for 1 night on a motorbike tour, we were put up in an annex due to it having a flat car park for the bikes so it shows they no know how to look after bikers.
No problems with the hotel, big room and facilities with a good breakfast and bar. It is a good 25 minute walk into town along the busy seafront road but OK so long as it is not raining. A bit dated in places but a good place to stay for a few nights.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank russ999rocket
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a lovely hotel tucked on the edge of the loch. The staff were very helpful and polite and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. The food in the restaurant was perfect and freshly cooked. The rooms were large and very comfortable. All in all a compete package. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in June 2014. The welcome was friendly and sign in efficient. The room with a loch view was comfortable, quiet, clean and of high quality. Even the midges wiped their feet before entering! The restaurant overlooking the loch was well set out with lovely linen and quality cutlery. The food was exceptional but the service was better. My announcing that I am a vegetarian did not cause the usual reaction and I was treated like any other diner. A refreshing change. The restaurant staff are numerous, efficient and extremely capable and discreetly attentive. The bar staff are knowledgable, particularly about malts!
I would unreservedly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Loch view rooms are desirable
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David P
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed here with 2 friends on 13 and 14 June 2014 to climb Ben Nevis. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, making up a packed lunch for breakfast as we were leaving before breakfast was served. The reception staff also put our Champagne in the fridge for our return from the climb. Breakfast on the Sunday morning was fantastic, with a fabulous selection on the menu.
We also had a room with a balcony and great view of the Loch. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get one of the rooms with a balcony and view if possible
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed here when I had finished the WHW. It was a bit far from the centre of Fort William, as I'd already walked 16 miles and then had to walk quite a bit further, but that was my own fault. the welcome was reasonably friendly. The room was comfortable, though the decor was a little dated. I chose the hotel because of the restaurant, which has a lovely view but I was a little disappointed in the food. I started with smoked salmon which was sliced too thick, then scampi which was a bit watery and finally tiramisu which was too dry (it really needed a lot more liqueur!). Breakfast was reasonable standard fare. One of the morning reception staff was not knowledgeable about buses to get back into Fort William. The other was more helpful but I ended up getting a taxi which cost £7.00. i thought that was a bit pricey for a journey of a couple of miles. If I do the WHW I will find accommodation nearer to the end of the way.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo