We really enjoyed our stay here. We had a family room for 4, with 2 single + bunk beds. The beds were very comfortable and the room was a good size. Breakfast was excellent, as was dinner in the restaurant one evening. The hotel has a nice lounge for sitting with old leather furniture, as well as a quiet reading room with a book exchange. Sitting in these rooms looking out at the lake is very relaxing, and honestly feels like you've stepped back around 100 years!
The only negative here was the room next door leaving their television on much too loudly, late into the night. I wound up needing to knock on their door at 2AM to tell them to turn the volume down, it wound perhaps be useful to have a quiet hours policy to avoid things like that.
I'm sure this was mostly bad luck though, and I'd definitely recommend the Clan Macduff very highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is a STB 3 Star establishment situated just 2 miles south of Fort William on the A82, overlooking loch Linnhe, with outstanding views of magnificent highland scenery. Well-appointed en-suite bedrooms with colour television, hospitality tray etc. Large choice dinner menu. Delicious bar suppers. Fine selection of malt whiskies. Large car park. This friendly family run hotel is dedicated in providing good quality and value hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Clan Macduff Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clan Macduff Fort William
- Hotel Clan Macduff
- Clan Macduff Hotel Fort William, Scotland