My wife and I, plus two friends have just returned home from a short stay at the Clan MacDuff. October is Low Season so we got an excellent price for 3 nights DBB.
This is a traditional, well-run Scottish Hotel (and I hope "traditional" doesn't put off the younger readers). The bedrooms are spotless with TV and tea/coffee making facilities. The maids clean them daily to the highest of standards. We had a 'premium' room with a balcony on the upper floor with a magnificent view over the loch.
The food is first class. An excellent cooked breakfast with filling (three-course and coffee) dinners based on local ingredients - home-made soup, beef, pork, fish, (and always a vegetarian option), etc. - served by hard-working, friendly restaurant staff. Quite a wide wine list at very reasonable prices and a well-stocked, quiet, relaxed bar for pre- and post-dinner drinks. Everyone we spoke with was friendly and helpful.
The hotel is situated about two miles south of Fort William. We once walked into the town in about 35 minutes but usually travelled by car. The hotel is a great base for exploring Lochaber and a run out to Mallaig via the white sands of Morar is an excellent way to spend 3 or 4 hours.
All in all an excellent holiday. I have no hesitation in recommending the Clan MacDuff and would like to visit it again when next in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is a STB 3 Star establishment situated just 2 miles south of Fort William on the A82, overlooking loch Linnhe, with outstanding views of magnificent highland scenery. Well-appointed en-suite bedrooms with colour television, hospitality tray etc. Large choice dinner menu. Delicious bar suppers. Fine selection of malt whiskies. Large car park. This friendly family run hotel is dedicated in providing good quality and value hospitality. Sorry No Pets accepted ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Clan Macduff Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clan Macduff Fort William
- Hotel Clan Macduff
- Clan Macduff Hotel Fort William, Scotland