We recently stayed at this hotel over New Year, the Hogmany package. 3 nights dinner, bed and breakfast and also 2 days skiing. Will not discuss the skiing other than this was resolved very quickly. The hotel where do I start. I have read many of the reviews and you get what you paid for is so untrue. We asked to not be put in the annexe. Guess where we were put? Yes in the annexe. The room was up on the third floor with no lift! The bath panel in the room was hanging off and the bathroom had not been cleaned. Previous guests had left a deposit in the toilet! The room smelt very musty and the bedding was the same. We had to pay a supplement as there were 3 of us. The third person was placed in a room on their own that would only fit a single bed. Why the supplement had to be paid I do not know. Waited ages to be served in the restaurant and also had to ask if we could order drinks. Did notice the manager of the hotel having a meal at the same time as us and on one occasion had a least 3 people serving his table. Good customer service for him then. When we eventually received our evening meal the waitress dragged her serving cloth through my husband's meal. No apology and my husband subsequently was poorly the next day. The staff were so unfriendly, unhelpful and so disinterested. We arrived on Sunday 30th December and returned home the next day. My husband went to the reception desk on the Monday and asked if we could pay our bill and the person behind the desk never showed any interest or questioned as to why we were booking out early. I have contacted the hotel on a couple of occasions and I have now had to contact the Head Office. Needless to say I am still waiting for a reply.
The hotel is definitely in need of updating and I would not rank this as a 2 star. And yes as I have previously said you get what you paid for but this was poor beyond belief. Do not stay here.
Oh yes and a message to the Director it would help if you got back to people that complained rather than hide your head in the sand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just on the outskirts of Fort William, at the foot of Ben Nevis, Ben Nevis & Leisure Club offers stunning views of the mountain and is close to the ski slopes of the Nevis Range. The Ben Nevis Hotel and Leisure Club offers a restaurant, a bar, free parking and a Leisure Club with a heated indoor swimming-pool. The hotel’s restaurant, with its views over Ben Nevis, has a table d’hôte menu. Guests can relax in the bar area, and a full Scottish breakfast is served every morning. Access to the Ben Nevis Hotel’s fitness centre is free to all guests. Facilities include a 15-metre long swimming pool, a sauna, as well as a steam room and gym. All the traditionally furnished rooms have a bathroom. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas and also in Superior Rooms as well as all bedrooms if you book direct. There is also tea and coffee-making facilities and a work desk for guests to use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ben Nevis Hotel And Leisure Club
- Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club Fort William, Scotland