Would I stay here again YES, would I recommend it YES.
Stayed for two nights at the end of November in room 36. Room was basic, functional and usable for one. Some worn out / damaged areas, that don't warrant repair until room can be given a facelift. The room does need modernizing or at least giving a new feel in keeping with decor. Very clean, room, bed and towels. Basic TV. Usual in room drink facility's, and nice complimentary items. Hotel in general has a nice feel to it, warm and welcoming. Modern feel, but in-keeping with area. Would class the hotel high, however the room I stayed in, clean but not the same class. Nice bar area with good food and a varied menu for all tastes. Good selections of drinks with some reasonable priced nice wines. Beer/Larger/Cider over priced but good.
Main eating area does not have the same welcoming feel. Has a school dinning room or over 80's turkey and tinsel feel. (Needs dividing up and getting rid of open plan or at least better tables and chair layout.) It is functional though and breakfast in there was fine, but would recommend eating in the bar area in the evening.
All the staff were excellent and helpful, only found one to be less than hospitable.
Pool and spa area very good and clean. Only let down, open plan changing facility and no family changing room.
I will be going back, but would ask if they had a newly refurbished room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just on the outskirts of Fort William, at the foot of Ben Nevis, Ben Nevis & Leisure Club offers stunning views of the mountain and is close to the ski slopes of the Nevis Range. The Ben Nevis Hotel and Leisure Club offers a restaurant, a bar, free parking and a Leisure Club with a heated indoor swimming-pool. The hotel’s restaurant, with its views over Ben Nevis, has a table d’hôte menu. Guests can relax in the bar area, and a full Scottish breakfast is served every morning. Access to the Ben Nevis Hotel’s fitness centre is free to all guests. Facilities include a 15-metre long swimming pool, a sauna, as well as a steam room and gym. All the traditionally furnished rooms have a bathroom. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas and also in Superior Rooms as well as all bedrooms if you book direct. There is also tea and coffee-making facilities and a work desk for guests to use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ben Nevis Hotel And Leisure Club
- Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club Fort William, Scotland