Thoroughly enjoyed a two night weekend stay at the Ben Nevis Hotel.
We found the staff friendly and polite, we ate in both bar and main restaurant and the food was very good and not expensive.
Ample car parking available very close to the rooms.
Twin room was clean, well laid out and the beds were comfortable so that we'd a restful sleep both nights.
The leisure club looked nice and clean but I didn't get a chance to make use of unfortunately.
There are a lot of areas of the hotel showing their age but my opinion is that the management are focusing on maintaining key health and safety, hygiene and comfort areas as priority. Some worn stair carpets and window frame flaky paint are examples of work needed, although there was some roofing work in progress when we were guests so evident maintenance is operating.
I reported at reception desk that I'd a very small water leak weeping from fittings under the sink in our room. I was impressed at the immediate response of two suited gentlemen standing nearby who shot away to investigate. When we later returned to the room the leak was fixed.
We only have one complaint, we were disappointed with a starter of chicken pakora in the bar restaurant which comprised three tiny thumb sized pieces of pakora with a drizzle of salad leaves. Price was £5.50, it looked worth about £1. We were gobsmacked when we saw the starter. To balance the criticism the main course was good portion and food quality good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just on the outskirts of Fort William, at the foot of Ben Nevis, Ben Nevis & Leisure Club offers stunning views of the mountain and is close to the ski slopes of the Nevis Range. The Ben Nevis Hotel and Leisure Club offers a restaurant, a bar, free parking and a Leisure Club with a heated indoor swimming-pool. The hotel’s restaurant, with its views over Ben Nevis, has a table d’hôte menu. Guests can relax in the bar area, and a full Scottish breakfast is served every morning. Access to the Ben Nevis Hotel’s fitness centre is free to all guests. Facilities include a 15-metre long swimming pool, a sauna, as well as a steam room and gym. All the traditionally furnished rooms have a bathroom. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas and also in Superior Rooms as well as all bedrooms if you book direct. There is also tea and coffee-making facilities and a work desk for guests to use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ben Nevis Hotel And Leisure Club
- Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club Fort William, Scotland