This is the 4th Strathmore Hotel that my wife and myself have stayed in. As a three crown we are always satisfied and happy that you get good value for money. This hotel is well sited to explore this area of the west coast. Our room though tired was very clean and stocked daily with biscuits, coffee, hot chocolate, teas and milk always there for your return from exploring. Our bathroom had a fantastic shower, and there was a large flat screen TV in the room. The bed was very comfy for us. One point for management, some pictures in the room would be nice. Breakfast was buffet with a wide variety and plentiful to sustain you throughout the day. There was choice of full Scottish cooked breakfast, croissants, toast, meats, fresh fruits and cereals. The choice is endless. Dinner was three course served at the table with a good choice on the menu, vegetables and potatoes were served on the side. Our only issue was with the cod/haddock which was best described as "chewy". The chefs own chilli and steak pie was simply the best. I cannot comment on the pool as chemicals in the water bring me out in hives, so it was not used by us. Free WiFi in the lounge was a bonus. PS Staff were always smiling during our visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just on the outskirts of Fort William, at the foot of Ben Nevis, Ben Nevis & Leisure Club offers stunning views of the mountain and is close to the ski slopes of the Nevis Range. The Ben Nevis Hotel and Leisure Club offers a restaurant, a bar, free parking and a Leisure Club with a heated indoor swimming-pool. The hotel’s restaurant, with its views over Ben Nevis, has a table d’hôte menu. Guests can relax in the bar area, and a full Scottish breakfast is served every morning. Access to the Ben Nevis Hotel’s fitness centre is free to all guests. Facilities include a 15-metre long swimming pool, a sauna, as well as a steam room and gym. All the traditionally furnished rooms have a bathroom. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas and also in Superior Rooms as well as all bedrooms if you book direct. There is also tea and coffee-making facilities and a work desk for guests to use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ben Nevis Hotel And Leisure Club
- Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club Fort William, Scotland