This is a hotel of contrasts and extremes.
The ultra clean,even sparkly bathroom compared to the shabby, rundown exterior which resembles a holiday camp building. And whilst the bedroom was spacious and clean, many of the lime green dining room chairs were very stained and uninviting. I am surprised the management has not noticed.
The excellent, really helpful dining room team - one of the best teams I have encountered - contrasts with the gentleman on Reception, whose view seems to be 'take it or leave it.' Anything but helpful and welcoming. When I mentioned the loud noise every time I turned on a tap, he said 'well that will be the pipes, they sound like that some days.'
The very good breakfast, with superb porridge, contrasts with the much poorer 'coach party' dinner menu, sprinkled with supplements.
And, yes, the hotel is full of coach parties - often elderly - yet there is no lift. Although help with luggage is offered, this would not be practical when a coach of 50 arrives and I saw a number of elderly folk struggling upstairs with large bags.
This hotel needs to smarten up in many respects, whilst congratulating many of its staff on an excellent welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just on the outskirts of Fort William, at the foot of Ben Nevis, Ben Nevis & Leisure Club offers stunning views of the mountain and is close to the ski slopes of the Nevis Range. The Ben Nevis Hotel and Leisure Club offers a restaurant, a bar, free parking and a Leisure Club with a heated indoor swimming-pool. The hotel’s restaurant, with its views over Ben Nevis, has a table d’hôte menu. Guests can relax in the bar area, and a full Scottish breakfast is served every morning. Access to the Ben Nevis Hotel’s fitness centre is free to all guests. Facilities include a 15-metre long swimming pool, a sauna, as well as a steam room and gym. All the traditionally furnished rooms have a bathroom. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas and also in Superior Rooms as well as all bedrooms if you book direct. There is also tea and coffee-making facilities and a work desk for guests to use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ben Nevis Hotel And Leisure Club
- Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club Fort William, Scotland