“a second great stay at Mansefield”

Mansefield Guest House
Ranked #28 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 May 2012

In 2011, I went a first time from France for 9 nights. I was so pleased by my stay that I came back this year for 8 nights. I slept in the single room and in the double room on the ground floor, both rooms were very comfortable, with tea, coffee, chocolate, biscuits available. Very quiet place and very warm welcome. As I like to walk, it was possible to have a packed lunch in order to go in the mountains. And, when I came back after walking, I really appreciated to eat at Mansefield for dinner, a good idea when you are tired. A 2 courses or 3 courses of local food were proposed, well cooked and excellent to regain strength for a next walking! The breakfast was excellent too, several kind of cereals, fruits, yoghurt were proposed with tea, coffee, toasts, etc... A choice of cooked eggs, dish of haddock and the famous scottish breakfast ("the Highlander") : I took a great delight with all of this meal. And finally, when I was wet because of the rain during walking, Bev and Toby were very helpfull : indeed, they proposed me to dry my clothes and shoes in their dry room. A second time, I was very unclean because of the mud, they proposed me to wash and dry my clothes. The next day, I found my clothes folded on my bed.
I have so enjoyed my stay that I wish to come back the next year for a third time! A good reason to improve my english!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I stayed here first in 2004. In spite of a being person who likes very different things and change and at times I stay in some 5 star establishments around the world I found the Mansefield to be just as good as before - last time I had a wheat allergy this time I have a milk allergy - advance warning meant that this was no problem each time, in fact my special requirements were catered for. Add a nice firm bed. very clean bathroom and lovely crisp bedding, free wifi. It's still a great place to stay. Then in the morning smoked salmon, asparagus and eggs, snowcapped Ben Nevis and 22 degress celsius on the 1st May!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We loved our stay here, just one night but great welcome. Lovely house & nice to have lounge & wifi. Breakfasts were great, loved the option of smoked salmon & asparagus with eggs! We were too late to book dinner there so took their recommendation of walking to Moorings Hotel, about 20 mins walk up Caledonian Canal path, beautiful views across to Fort William & mountains and decent bar meals at the end. Small bathrooms but no major issue. Would highly recommend

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I stayed for 4 nights at the end of Feb while on a winter climbing course with West Coast Mountain Guides in Fort William. There's plenty of off street parking and outside storage if you've brought a bike etc..The room was good, spotless and very comfortable, the ensuite was well stocked with soup and towels.
Bev and Toby are really helpful, all my gear was dried off each night and ready for me to take out next morning, a big help after a wet day in the mountains!! I needed an early breakfast which was no problem and opted for an evening meal each day which was 3 good courses of good home cooked food.
I will be returning for more climbing and will be staying here again......what more can I say...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife and I stayed in Mansefield Guest House in Corpach for one week in February. After a long drive from the Ferry in Cairnryan, we were glad to arrive after a five hour drive. We were met by Bev and Toby who own the Guesthouse and shown to our en-suite room. We had a lovely King size bed and a great view of Ben Nevis and Loch Linnhe. Toby asked us if we would like a cup of tea, and as we unpacked, he brewed up for us and served it up in the large lounge room downstairs where there was a roaring log fire.
Dinner is served each evening at 7pm and the Dining room also has a log fire burning. The windows here provide views over the garden and onto Ben Nevis. After a filling three course dinner (which is cooked by Bev, and consists of local produce), guests are welcome to relax in the lounge in front of the lovely fire.
Breakfast is served in the Dining Room between 8am and 8.30am though earlier breakfasts can be accommodated on request.
What do I like about this guest house? It is very clean and the beds are comfortable. The bathroom is immaculate with a powerful shower. There are tea, coffee and drinking chocolate facilities provided in your room. I require a Gluten Free Diet and this is provided without any bother. The meals are fantastic, and the deserts are to die for. Finally, Bev and Toby are great ambassadors for the Tourist Industry in the Lochaber area. They can advise you on what to see, where to walk, but most of all, their friendship, personality and enthusiasm are second to none.
I look forward to our next stay at this wonderful 4 star guest house.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JOHNW1952
Reviewed 13 February 2012

A very homely guesthouse where my partner and I were made to feel welcome from initial arrival. Bev and Toby expected us and welcomed us by name. The room and ensuite bathroom were comfortable, clean and well equipped. The dining room and lounge areas were warm and cosy and we were made to feel welcome enough to join Bev, Toby and two other guests for tea (which was offered on arrival)by a burning coal fire. Breakfast was served promptly and was of an excellent quality, quantity and presentation.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VictoriaCGlasgow
Reviewed 1 November 2011

we sourced a special out of season two night deal at MANSFIELD. It exceeded our expectations. Room was good with large comfortable bed and free access to INTERNET. Food was local and expertly prepared and presented at both Breakfast and Dinner. We would be happy to stay again with this lovely couple. We feel it was great value for money,

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple