In 2011, I went a first time from France for 9 nights. I was so pleased by my stay that I came back this year for 8 nights. I slept in the single room and in the double room on the ground floor, both rooms were very comfortable, with tea, coffee, chocolate, biscuits available. Very quiet place and very warm welcome. As I like to walk, it was possible to have a packed lunch in order to go in the mountains. And, when I came back after walking, I really appreciated to eat at Mansefield for dinner, a good idea when you are tired. A 2 courses or 3 courses of local food were proposed, well cooked and excellent to regain strength for a next walking! The breakfast was excellent too, several kind of cereals, fruits, yoghurt were proposed with tea, coffee, toasts, etc... A choice of cooked eggs, dish of haddock and the famous scottish breakfast ("the Highlander") : I took a great delight with all of this meal. And finally, when I was wet because of the rain during walking, Bev and Toby were very helpfull : indeed, they proposed me to dry my clothes and shoes in their dry room. A second time, I was very unclean because of the mud, they proposed me to wash and dry my clothes. The next day, I found my clothes folded on my bed.
I have so enjoyed my stay that I wish to come back the next year for a third time! A good reason to improve my english!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in mature gardens with mountain views, Mansefield, a popular guest house in Fort William, lies on the Road to the Isles and only a few hundred metres from the Caledonian Canal and the Great Glen Way. Corpach Station is 200 metres away and the local bus stop is directly opposite our house, easy. We have 6 en-suite rooms, including a well sized single room. 3 rooms overlook Loch Linnhe and the Ardgour hills, with views of Ben Nevis and the Grey Corries, whilst the other 3 rooms enjoys beautiful garden views. (Take 5 mins on the window seat and watch the antics of our garden birds!) Guests are welcome to relax in the sitting room overlooking one of our gardens. The Victorian style of the room is emphasized by the log fire, making for a cosy atmosphere during those colder nights we sometimes have here in Scotland! There are many books and magazines to read, in addition to lots of tourist information to help you plan your next day's sightseeing excursions or assault of the "Ben". Our garage can by used to store your bikes, and we have a drying room available for your wet weather gear. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Book Direct Rooms, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mansefield Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mansefield Guest House Hotel Fort William
- Mansefield Guest House Fort William, Scotland