"This B&B is recommended by the AA, and has 4 stars from the Scottish Tourist Board, as well as excellent reviews on Trip Advisor, so I was surprised to find myself questioning why I didn't fully agree with them." I agree with Norfolktraveller below. Our room was spotless, too but cramped & there were lots of do's & don'ts listed on a dressing table (common sense some of them) So it did feel a bit like we were being told off in advance
There was also a strong feeling that if you were staying more than overnight, then the hosts would expect you not to be in the B&B during the day (notes to this effect left with the lists of do's & don'ts)
Unfortunately we did not feel at ease upon arrival, but the atmosphere had improved by breakfast time (the brekkie was lovely)
The house & garden are lovely. The area of Corpach & Fort William are absolutely wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in mature gardens with mountain views, Mansefield, a popular guest house in Fort William, lies on the Road to the Isles and only a few hundred metres from the Caledonian Canal and the Great Glen Way. Corpach Station is 200 metres away and the local bus stop is directly opposite our house, easy. We have 6 en-suite rooms, including a well sized single room. 3 rooms overlook Loch Linnhe and the Ardgour hills, with views of Ben Nevis and the Grey Corries, whilst the other 3 rooms enjoys beautiful garden views. (Take 5 mins on the window seat and watch the antics of our garden birds!) Guests are welcome to relax in the sitting room overlooking one of our gardens. The Victorian style of the room is emphasized by the log fire, making for a cosy atmosphere during those colder nights we sometimes have here in Scotland! There are many books and magazines to read, in addition to lots of tourist information to help you plan your next day's sightseeing excursions or assault of the "Ben". Our garage can by used to store your bikes, and we have a drying room available for your wet weather gear. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Book Direct Rooms, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Mansefield Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mansefield Guest House Hotel Fort William
- Mansefield Guest House Fort William, Scotland