We had a one-night stay at the Mansefield House on August 22, while on a train tour of the Scottish Highlands. The Inn was about a quarter of a mile from the Corpach Train stop, but was located in a suburban neighborhood. Dinner was available, but only on reservation, which we did not know since our reservation was booked by a travel agent. The nearest restaurant was more than a mile away, which we reached by bus. The room was tiny, mostly because an en suite bathroom had been added to an otherwise small room. That said, the couple owning the facility were delightful people and helped as much as they could. Breakfast was very good. The best guests for this inn would be persons traveling by car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in mature gardens with mountain views, Mansefield, a popular guest house in Fort William, lies on the Road to the Isles and only a few hundred metres from the Caledonian Canal and the Great Glen Way. Corpach Station is 200 metres away and the local bus stop is directly opposite our house, easy. We have 6 en-suite rooms, including a well sized single room. 3 rooms overlook Loch Linnhe and the Ardgour hills, with views of Ben Nevis and the Grey Corries, whilst the other 3 rooms enjoys beautiful garden views. (Take 5 mins on the window seat and watch the antics of our garden birds!) Guests are welcome to relax in the sitting room overlooking one of our gardens. The Victorian style of the room is emphasized by the log fire, making for a cosy atmosphere during those colder nights we sometimes have here in Scotland! There are many books and magazines to read, in addition to lots of tourist information to help you plan your next day's sightseeing excursions or assault of the "Ben". Our garage can by used to store your bikes, and we have a drying room available for your wet weather gear. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mansefield Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mansefield Guest House Hotel Fort William
- Mansefield Guest House Fort William, Scotland