“Nearly perfect”

Premier Inn Fort William Hotel
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Fort William
Reviewed 23 July 2014

the hotel is brilliantly situated near the centre of Fort William and next to a McDonalds, Morrison's supermarket and Lidl supermarket. The staff were excellent and tried hard....the only problems I had were [a] no air conditioning so baking hot [doubt this is a problem most of the time] and [b] they were so packed our "adjoining rooms" were 20 rooms apart...other than that this is a great find...and I will use it again...

Room Tip: ask for one as far away from reception as you can to avoid night time noise
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
John T, Manager at Premier Inn Fort William Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear DLFK,

Cheers for the review! I am pleased to hear the team were excellent and that you will stay with us again. For future stays please give us a ring if you have any special requirements and we will do our utmost to see them through! I for one always request extra t-bags in my room as I drink 5 cups in the morning!

I am sorry to hear about the hot room issue you experienced. If you wish to discuss further, please don’t hesitate. I have left my email for you to contact myself. We have been experiencing soaring temperatures in Fort William, which is a nice change! We do not currently have air conditioning in site; to help with the heat the housekeeping team will happily strip the bed and replace with light sheets, we can add extra fans into your room and offer chilled water.

We do try to allocate reservations with multiple rooms close together, unfortunately on this occasion we didn't manage to. This may have been down to us being full most days and it being the closest option to allocate given the type of room you had booked. When you stay with us again, contact myself directly and I will ensure to make your stay more than perfect. Once again, thank you for your review.

John Taylor

HINT: The best possible rates are available on www.premierinn.com!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,510)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

After a previous less than perfect stay at another Premier inn, I was nervous, but this one is perfect. The room was immaculate, the bed was comfy and despite being very busy it was peaceful. There is a great brewers fayre here and the food there was great. Also there is a MacDonalds just across the road for quick bites. Brilliant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear liz m,

Thanks for the great feedback! I am delighted to read your comments regarding your perfect stay with us in Premier Inn Fort William. The housekeeping team will be pleased to hear you found your room immaculate despite the hotel being very busy. I agree with you it is a very peaceful location; close to the town centre but just out the way to have a very quiet stay.

The Brewers Fayre is great, and has an updated meal deal with the option for any two courses, drink and breakfast for £22.99! Thank you once again for your review, we hope to see you again soon.

John Taylor

HINT: For future stays with us, give us a ring to request a room with a Ben Nevis facing view!

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights with our Grandsons in a family room.
We find premier Inns great value and this one is in a great location go by train!

We were taking the Jacobite steam train to mallaig and decided to take the train from Glasgow too. Fabulous scenery to see when not driving.

The family room I reckon was a converted double so no table area or chair or settee to sit on. However despite this the room wasn't too small.

Clean, comfy with great shower it did the job. Thank you and friendly helpful staff too.

Stayed: July 2014
John T, Manager at Premier Inn Fort William Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear rockchick UK,

Cheers for the great review! We were pleased to read your comments. I am glad that the team at the hotel ensured that you were well looked after. I couldn't agree more, accommodation at Premier Inn is always great value; there is not an other hotel chain you can trust to consistently deliver every time what matters most to our guests: a great night sleep in a clean and comfortable environment served by people who really care.

The Jacobite Steam train to Mallaig must have been amazing; with the incredible weather we are having the ride up and back must have been fantastic!

I am unsure what room exactly you stayed in; please feel free to contact me directly to discuss further regarding the lack of table area/ chair you had with your room.

Once again, thanks so much for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon!

E: pitl.fortwilliam@whitbread.com

People's Champion HINT: Make sure you keep an eye out for online deals; that is where you will obtain the best price for booking your accommodation with us!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Just a short walk into town but close to the railway station.Typical Premier Inn,clean and comfortable except for the fact that we were there in freakishly warm weather and the fan provided didn't make much difference to the room temperature. Mentioned this as we were checking out and was delighted to find that they stood by their promise of "a great nights sleep.
Staff at breakfast were friendly but the food is served buffet style and isn't always as warm as it could be although there is plenty of choice

Room Tip: request rooms on upper floor

Dear Jacqueline E,

Thanks for your great feedback! We really appreciate all reviews as it essentially enables us to improve our standards and provide guests the best possible service and a comfortable stay.

I am delighted to read that you felt the standards across Premier Inn were consistent; a clean and comfortable stay, which is what we strive all our guests to have when they visit. The weather has been very unpredictable; either scorching sun or windy and wild! I sincerely hope the heat has not put you off from staying with us again.

We do offer to remove the duvet and replace with only the bed sheets on the bed and also place an extra fan in the room to facilitate the air circulation. In addition we are more than happy to get pitchers of iced water from the restaurant next door and store any beverages you have in our team fridge so they are cool for you. I am glad to hear our reception team honoured our good night guarantee for your stay, our property team is enquiring into possible refurbishment with the installation of air conditioning.

Regarding your breakfast, a separate management team runs the restaurant. I am sure your comments regarding their staff friendliness will be much appreciated as well as the feedback you mentioned concerning the temperature of the buffet which will be passed on to the restaurant management. Once again thank you for taking the time to write us a review!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

another good stay friendly staff clean room and comfy bed good value for money good location everything you need for a couple of nights stay close to station and a two minute walk from the center of town

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Ihbell

Many thanks for your recent review of your stay with us. We do always strive to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable environment in which to enjoy your stay and I pleased that Premier Inn Fort William met your expectations. The team always love to hear feedback from guests and I’ll be sure to let them know you had such nice things to say about us.

I couldn’t agree with you more that we have a lovely location, I hope the weather was as good as it is just now during your stay– definitely a day for ice creams and cruises on the Loch.

We appreciate all feedback from our guests and again, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Warm Regards

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The extensive chain of Premier Inns offers a decent standard of motel, something missing in the UK until recently. Rooms are the same in each Inn, fairly basic with no frills but modern and clean and with comfortable beds. They try to ensure that clients get a good night's sleep and have introduced "quiet areas" in bedroom corridors. Car parks are secure in that there is 24 hour reception cover with cctv. Attached to most Inns is a Brewers Fayre family restaurant which offers breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is good - usually a buffet, but we do not enjoy eating there in the evening. The food is pretty average bar food and they are usually very busy with non-Inn guests attracted by the eat-all-you-can offers and the game machines. A pity that Whitbread don't provide something a little more upmarket. Prices vary according to location and are generally reasonable.
This was a convenient place to stop off on our way to Harris, especially as it is next to Morrisons supermarket where we stocked up with fresh food. It was a little difficult to find as the satnav takes you to the other side of the railway line (well ours did) and consists of one long two-storey building which meant that there was often a procession of people along the central passageway. Our room was just beginning to show signs of deterioration but was fine. The cost was significantly higher than other Premier Inns - because of location?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
John T, Manager at Premier Inn Fort William Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Terlow,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.
We do aim to provide a safe and secure environment for our guests to enjoy a clean and comfortable nights sleep and I am pleased to see you feel we achieved this. The rates across all of our hotel can often vary and depend on demand. We have marketing teams who closely monitor these rates though ensuring we are always competitively priced.

I do agree that we have a convenient location here with Morrisons and the town centre minutes from our door, I just hope the weather was as good as it has been lately and you were able to catch the amazing views on your trip to Harris!

We hope to welcome you again soon and please know that you can always give us a call prior to arrival as we will be more than happy to provide directions or any information which will help make your stay more enjoyable.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2014

What to say, The Premier Inn Fort William,
Great food and great staff.
Very helpful.
Rooms clean warm,
Was there 8th of July
5min walk from the town, where you have some shops and pubs.
Will be back,,

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
John T, Manager at Premier Inn Fort William Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Natasha254

Thanks for your feedback. We're so pleased to hear that you had such a lovely stay with us here at Premier Inn Fort William and glad you have decided to come back.

Please don't hesitate to give us a ring or email for any requirements you may have for your subsequent visits. I for one go through around 10 cups of a tea a day and always like to have extra tea bags left in the room wherever I stay! Thank you once again for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Warm Regards,