Premier Inn Fort William Hotel
Nevis Bank Inn(Fort William)
US$216
Cruachan Hotel(Fort William)
US$314
US$299
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Bay Caledonian Hotel(Fort William)
US$91
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
US$897
US$810
Agoda.com
Clan Macduff Hotel(Fort William)
US$223
Highland Hotel(Fort William)
  • Restaurant
Croit Anna Hotel(Fort William)
  • Breakfast included
The Factor's House(Fort William)
1,566 results
All reviewsbrewers fayremorrisons supermarketadjoining restauranttrain stationgood nights sleeptown centrereception staffbudget hotelben nevisshort walkfamily roomnight's sleephigh streetbreakfast and dinnercentral locationplenty of parkingthe ground floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was the worst hotel from all the hotels we stayed while in Scotland.. First it was a check-in which took so long as there was only one staff available and some ppl before us. Once given a room, to all the expectations of what "twin" beds mean, certain disappointment here as the second bed was something like a retractable sofa with a bed sheets on it.. Or maybe a children bed, dunno but it was poor. I could not sleep in this hotel. The blanket was too warm (probably considering usual colder Scottish climate). It was a mid summer and the temperature was high enough that I was sweating under this blanket. In a normal hotel, you would turn the A/C on. But not here.. why?? because there is no A/C whatsoever. They have only provided a fan, which doesn't have any cooling capacity. Moreover, the fan is so so dirty and all the dust and fungus is accumulated on the vent intake, disgusting indeed. The windows can only be opened some 5 to 10 cm only so even this doesn't help.. All in all, I was not able to sleep due to this huge discomfort and lack of equipment, which is normally in all hotels of such category. I felt like in some hostel here.. The hotel chain prides themselves with a goodsleep guarantee.. hehehe what a joke. They've asked me for a review which I gave them and expected they'll obey by their own rules and refund the stay, but nothing.. This guarantee seems just like a marketing trick only. I will not talk about a breakfast which had a very poor choice.. The only positive thing about this hotel is a car park, available and free all the time. Unlike a wi-fi, u have to pay for a wifi voucher...ohh where are we today..? so oldschool, wifi is free almost everywhere nowadays so why do they charge here..? I wonder if the hotel manager reads this review and take some action with compliance to their refund for a goodsleep guarantee...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Paul D
John T, Manager at Premier Inn Fort William Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. At Premier Inn we do strive to provide our guests with a great nights sleep and I am very sorry to hear that on this occasion we did not meet this standard.
I apologise for your room not having air conditioning however our property team are looking into possibly obtaining this as part of a refurbishment. Our reception team offer to remove your duvet and replace this with a thin sheet and we have chilled bottled water for guests. We have also received large freestanding fans to combat the heat, which our reception team will happily provide you with.

The issues you have raised will be fully investigated and where necessary appropriate action will be taken to ensure similar circumstances do not happen in the future.
I have sent a direct message to you and hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Staff were very friendly and welcoming.
The room was clean and adequate for our short stay.
Only big complaint is that the extra bed in our family room was very uncomfortable. My teenage daughter did not have a good rest.
On a constructive note, the doors could do with a wee bit of oil. Was very aware of the creaking when we arrived back late. Hope we didn't disturb other guests.
The reception area is a bit of a squeeze when busy, as it was when we arrived.

Dear Katheleen M,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. All feedback is important as this allows us to improve our standards for each of our guests. I am pleased our clean rooms and friendly staff met your expectations. I have noted your comment regarding the doors with our maintenance team who will get right on that. Our reception area is a bit smaller compared to some other hotels when busy however the new Check In Online feature means once you have booked a room with us you can check yourself in online and simply pick up your keys from reception! A handy little time saver especially when you’re rushing to get back out into that glorious sunshine!

I am sorry that your daughter found the bed uncomfortable; I have passed this onto our team who will further look into the matter. If you wish to discuss any issues with your stay please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

E: pitl.fortwilliam@whitbread.com

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Always stay in premier inns when we go on holiday but this was the worse tone we have stayed at. Felt like the carpet need a good Hoover. Bathroom door had to be kept closed because of the smell of urine. No toilet roll. Very hot due to no air conditioning which is normally standard in premier inns. Card for door only worked once then had to walk back down to reception to get it re done. Staff pleasant but premier inn you really need to get your act together with the Fort William hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Julbelloo
John T, Manager at Premier Inn Fort William Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Julbelloo

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review with lots of feedback. We appreciate all feedback as it enables us to improve our standards and identify any issues. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a clean and comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments regarding room cleanliness and lack of toilet paper have been noted and will be followed up by the Houskeeping team and myself.

We apologise that your room was hot and did not have air conditioning. Our property team are examining and looking into this for possibly obtaining air conditioning as part of a refurbishment in the future. Our reception team offer to remove the duvet and replace with a light sheet and we also have chilled water and extra fans if you wish. Sorry the card did not work, this happens very rarely and can be due to being next to a mobile phone in a pocket or handbag wherein the card will need reactivating due to the small magnetic field emitted from the phone de-magnetizing the key card. We are pleased to read that you found the staff pleasant. If you wish to discuss any issues regarding your stay further please do not hesitate to contact me.

E: pitl.fortwilliam@whitbread.com

Reviewed 23 July 2014

the hotel is brilliantly situated near the centre of Fort William and next to a McDonalds, Morrison's supermarket and Lidl supermarket. The staff were excellent and tried hard....the only problems I had were [a] no air conditioning so baking hot [doubt this is a problem most of the time] and [b] they were so packed our "adjoining rooms" were 20 rooms apart...other than that this is a great find...and I will use it again...

Room Tip: ask for one as far away from reception as you can to avoid night time noise
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
John T, Manager at Premier Inn Fort William Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear DLFK,

Cheers for the review! I am pleased to hear the team were excellent and that you will stay with us again. For future stays please give us a ring if you have any special requirements and we will do our utmost to see them through! I for one always request extra t-bags in my room as I drink 5 cups in the morning!

I am sorry to hear about the hot room issue you experienced. If you wish to discuss further, please don’t hesitate. I have left my email for you to contact myself. We have been experiencing soaring temperatures in Fort William, which is a nice change! We do not currently have air conditioning in site; to help with the heat the housekeeping team will happily strip the bed and replace with light sheets, we can add extra fans into your room and offer chilled water.

We do try to allocate reservations with multiple rooms close together, unfortunately on this occasion we didn't manage to. This may have been down to us being full most days and it being the closest option to allocate given the type of room you had booked. When you stay with us again, contact myself directly and I will ensure to make your stay more than perfect. Once again, thank you for your review.

John Taylor

HINT: The best possible rates are available on www.premierinn.com!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

After a previous less than perfect stay at another Premier inn, I was nervous, but this one is perfect. The room was immaculate, the bed was comfy and despite being very busy it was peaceful. There is a great brewers fayre here and the food there was great. Also there is a MacDonalds just across the road for quick bites. Brilliant.

Dear liz m,

Thanks for the great feedback! I am delighted to read your comments regarding your perfect stay with us in Premier Inn Fort William. The housekeeping team will be pleased to hear you found your room immaculate despite the hotel being very busy. I agree with you it is a very peaceful location; close to the town centre but just out the way to have a very quiet stay.

The Brewers Fayre is great, and has an updated meal deal with the option for any two courses, drink and breakfast for £22.99! Thank you once again for your review, we hope to see you again soon.

John Taylor

HINT: For future stays with us, give us a ring to request a room with a Ben Nevis facing view!