“Comfortable but pricey!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Fort William
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Comfortable but pricey!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

2 night stay booked well in advance to facilitate our Jacobite Train trip. VERY close to train/bus station. Usual Premier Inn facilities. Our room was on ground floor about 200 yards along the corridor from reception - ask for a low number! There had been a power cut earlier in the day so there was a problem with the credit/debit card reader but the girl in reception was very polite & took this in her stride. Not being in high season & also mid-week (room only) I felt that £260 for 2 nights was a bit pricey especially as 'Premier's' advertise @ "from £29 per night". For price paid I felt that wifi should be free, however you are only allowed 30 minutes per day otherwise a further charge of £3 for 24 hours is incurred. Seems ludicrous when you can go to the adjoining Brewers Fayre for a meal &/or drink where wifi is unlimited & free! Humorous footnote - an incoming guest @ reception as I checked out asked for "a west-facing room with a view over the loch & a balcony". Not really an option in Fort William!

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be very quiet. As stated in my review, if you don't fancy a 'constitution...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
John T, Manager at Premier Inn Fort William Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear JackLove2013

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.

I do agree that we have an excellent location with the town a few minutes walk and the train station even closer, I haven’t been on the Jacobite myself but have heard you see some amazing views. Hopefully the weather was clear and you were able to really enjoy this!

I am sorry to hear you felt you did not receive value for your money, as we are very busy throughout summer until the early autumn we always recommend guests try to book in advance as you did, and through premierinn.com where you will find our best deals.

I will be sure to pass you compliment to our reception team; I know they will be pleased with your lovely words.
As we are due a refurbishment soon I will definitely pass on the comment regarding rooms with balcony’s and a loch view however I don’t think Fort William has the best balcony weather. For any future stays with us be sure to call prior to your arrival with your reservation number and we will make sue to allocate you a room closer to reception with a view of the Ben.

John taylor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Northallerton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Stayed over one night, booked 2 family rooms. Room 24 had a cracked sink which is always a bit off putting. The bedroom was clean and the beds comfortable but the hotel is looking a little bit tired compared to some other premier inns I have stayed in before. For £130 + for each room I do not think that the value is brilliant! however it was a last minute booking. Staff perfectly pleasant.

Room Tip: Not room 24 until they mend the cracked sink
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Dear catherincec93

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us, I will be sure to pass your compliments to our team as they do love hearing from our guests!

Firstly I am sorry you were put off by the sink in your room, we are awaiting external maintenance work to rectify this and of course the first thing we did when becoming aware of this was ensure it was safe to use for our guests. With a new refurbishment due at our hotel we are making sure our property development team are informed off all feedback, we do what we do for the guests and want to make sure you enjoy every part of your stay so thank you for these comments!

For any future stays be sure to check premierinn.com for your best rates, if you book in advance you will find a difference in pricing however all rates are monitored to ensure our guests receive value for their money.

Thanks again for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm Regards

Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

This was a last minute booking out of necessity. I got a family room which just about served its purpose. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the room quiet affording a decent night's sleep. The bathroom was functional with a cracked wash basin.
The attached restaurant provided a reasonable evening meal and breakfast the following morning. The staff were friendly and helpfull.
My continual gripes with Premier Inn are
- the huge variation in prices for almost identical facilities in different locations. £135 was steep for this place compared with £90 for a better room in Inverness West 3 weeks ago. We have 3 children so need 2 rooms, so the £90 difference is significant.
- the charge for wifi use. Why when so many other hoteliers provide free internet does Premier Inn provide 30 mins free then insist on customers buying a voucher to continue. It seems almost petty.

Would I stay here again? No. At this price with time to plan I think I could get better value for money.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PapaLazarou2013
Dear PapaLazarou2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We do always strive to ensure each and every guest has a great nights sleep in a clean and comfortable environment and I am pleased to see we met your expectations on this occasion.

I am sorry that you felt you did not received value for your money. Like airlines our pricing is based on demand and this is why you would normally find rooms a little cheaper when booking in advance. Our best rates will be found on premierinn.com and our marketing team do monitor these to ensure we are competitively priced.

Following your stay I am also pleased to say that our maintenance team are addressing the issue raised regarding your bathroom. As we are due a refurbishment we are making sure to log all such feedback with our property development team.

We do hope to welcome you again soon and remember to keep an eye on premierinn.com as we do advertise many great deals here.

Warm regards

Alton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Great hotel, loads of free parking, excellent location 5 minute walk and your in the town centre Very polite and helpful staff and the rooms where very quiet overall great stay
Morrisons opposite and connected to pub

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
John T, Manager at Premier Inn Fort William Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Tonsky81

Thank you for the great review! It really means a lot to us when guests take the time to let us know about their stay and I so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us at Premier Inn Fort William!

I know the team will love to hear your kind words and we do work to ensure every guest has a great stay.
As you said we do have an excellent location here and I only hope the dramatic weather changes didn’t put you off exploring it all!

We hope to welcome you back again soon and thank you again for your lovely feedback.

Dumfries, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Only stayed here one night - good location, clean room, comfy bed and happy friendly staff. Only downside was we had booked a meal deal for dinner and breakfast in the Brewers Fayre next door, food was fine but the service poor, dirty plates were left on our table and lengthy wait for main course and desert, when we approached a waitress to say we were still waiting on our deserts we were curtly informed 'she's making it'. When desert eventually appeared there was no apology for the wait. Wouldn't put us off staying here again but would eat elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Kraysmum 13

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review of your stay with us here, all feedback both positive and negative is greatly appreciated as it allows us to ensure we are continuously offering the best customer service to our guests.

The Brewers Fayre restaurant is run by a different team from us but I will be sure to pass these comments on to them. I do apologise for this and hope to see you again soon.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed here in July and used it as a base to travel around the local area. The staff were most welcoming and pleasant and couldn't do enough for us. The room was spotless and tidy.
The hotel is situated within a 10 minute walk into town which runs alongside the loch.
We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Book early it's very popular.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear peter l

Thank you so much for taking time to review your stay with us.
At Premier Inn we strive to provide each and every guest with a clean and comfortable environment in which to enjoy their stay and I am so pleased to hear on this occasion we met your expectations.

We have a great team who are always happy to help and I know they will be pleased to see your comments.

I couldn’t agree more that we do have an excellent location and I just hope the weather didn’t limit you from enjoying your time with us!

We look forward to seeing you again! Thanks again,

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Pretty much all these premiere inns are the same standard layout etc. Clean room good nights sleep couple minutes walk to the town McDonald's morrisons nice view out of my window. Ideal location for the Nevis range. The pub on site food was very good staff are very friendly.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Craig H

Cheers for the great review! It really matters to us that all of our guests enjoy each and every aspect of their stay and I am pleased we at Premier Inn Fort William were able to live up to your expectations.

Although we are run by a different management team I will be sure to pass your comments to the Brewers Fayre.

We hope to welcome you back soon and be sure to call us prior to any future bookings so we can try our best to allocate you a room facing the stunning views of the Ben.