“Luxury at an affordable price”
Review of Huntingtower Lodge

Huntingtower Lodge
Ranked #2 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 August 2012

My Wife and I wanted to Ride the Jacobite Steam Train and chose to stay 2 nights here. We had a nice large room with fantastic view. Chris and Jackie were great host, assisting us with dinner reservations and looking after our every need. The breakfast was fantastic. If our travels bring us back to Fort William this will be our choice for another stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ronosbornemopars

Reviewed 31 July 2012

My husband and I went here for a small honeymoon break and it was absolutely fantastic!! The hotel itself sits right next to the most beautiful view, that I have ever seen... Absolutely stunning!! The weather was awful but doesnt take anything away from our break here.. We had the upstairs suite and I cannot fault it at all.. Immaculate and huge, with a superb view of the Loch, and very comfortable bed.. The service from Chris and Jackie was superb. They are very welcoming and friendly in everything that they did.. The breakfast will last you all day, wide range of food.. Its classed as a 4 star hotel but its definitely 5 star service that you get.. I would definitely recommend it and my husband and I are already planning for another trip for an anniversary...

Room Tip: Attic suite is the best for a romantic break.. Light, airy with a beautiful view..
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2012

What more can I say especially after the review from Sash 78! My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in June. From the moment we arrived we were very well looked after. A cup of tea and some home made cake, was greatly appreciated. We stayed in the Ardgour room. It is so spacious especially the bathroom! The bed is very comfortable, there is a mini fridge (very handy), a small table with two chairs - great for checking your emails or relaxing with a glass of wine after a big day out and great views of the Loch with binoculars supplied. The breakfast is delicious and made even more special because of the view. We wouldn't hesitate to come here again - if only we lived closer!! Well done Jackie and Chris.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

If you are reading this, still wondering weather you want to go and stay there, stop thinking and book it! I stayed there with my partner for a week and we loved it. Luxurious breakfast, comfortable and soft bed, amazing view from our room, spotless house....one wouldn't want to leave! The owners, Jackie and Chris are absolutely lovely and alway willing to help out with the ideas and suggestions about where to go, what to do and most importantly where are the best places to eat.
I'm already planning my next trip up there!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Beautifully done. House is in a good location, with excellent lake views. As we were on foot, Chris offered us a lift in to the centre of Fort William to find an evening meal. We stayed in the light airy attic room, which has its own fabulous bathroom. The room was lovely, warm and exceptionally clean and with blissfully comfortable beds. Breakfasts are delicious. What sets this B&B apart for me is the owners,Chris and Jackie, who offer such a warm and knowledgeable welcome.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

I actually can't commend this place enough! We stayed here for two nights at the start of a wee tour of Scotland and couldn't have had a more comfortable or enjoyable time. We stayed in the spacious Waterfall suite - a real home from home with fantastic views over Loch Linnhe. Chris was fantastic as a host - warm and welcoming and happy to provide any information about the local area that we needed. High points of the visit were: an astonishingly varied breakfast menu for a B&B (all cooked perfectly, to order); local toiletries from the Highland soap company in Spean Bridge; home-made shortbread in a little jar in the room and the scent of this cooking, I think, as we came in on our second day; very green-orientated with the room and guest lounge/breakfast area having binoculars to help spot the plentiful wildlife; guest lounge amply stocked with maps, books, games and lots of DVDs.

Once again, I can't recommend Huntingtower Lodge enough. If you are looking for somewhere to stay near to Fort William, look no further.

Room Tip: Waterfall Suite very spacious with bedroom, lounge area, dressing room and bathroom with shower.
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Beautifully and warmly appointed in contemporary style, exceptionally clean, spacious, light, and airy. We stayed in the peaked 'attic' room with its own mini-fridge, free wi-fi, lots of windows facing onto the loch, and overall a great large room with bed, seating area, and large bath. The toiletries are local, organic, and wonderful. Breakfast was absolutely delicious, made-to-order with many choices. We tried different dishes everyday and every one was knockout good. The hosts are very friendly and made great recommendations for where to hike, eat, get drinks, continue our journey north, and all. This is one of the best B&B experiences we have had anywhere in the world; we really loved our stay and would definitely return. A welcome retreat and escape from the busy world!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple