“Wonderful!”

Huntingtower Lodge
Ranked #3 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 August 2012

A friend and I stayed at Huntingtower Lodge for 2 nights as a base point for hiking Ben Nevis. I cannot say enough great things about Huntingtower. Our room was clean and bright with some very thoughtful touches--like binoculars for checking out the fabulous view of the lake. The owners of the Lodge, Jackie and Chris, were super accommodating, even picked us up from the train station late at night and dropped us off at the base of Ben Nevis early in the morning. This is definitely the best gem in the Fort William area and I would recommend to anyone planning to hike Ben Nevis. This is the perfect B&B to relax after the long hike.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Huntingtower Lodge

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Apologies for the delayed review - we actually stayed at the end of September last year (2011).

What an absolutely amazing B&B - cannot praise this enough. We stayed for two nights in the Ardgour Room which was stunning with views across the Loch. Very spacious and a nice big fridge for the Champagne. (Jackie and Chris noticed this and left out some flutes for us too). The bathroom was amazing and modern, complete with luxury accessories. On our second night, we were the only guests and so I asked if we could see the other rooms...they are all fantastic but when I have the chance to go back, I would stay in the Waterfall Suite. It is truly amazing. The breakfasts were fantastic, and again overlooking the Loch which is wonderful.

There was homemade cake and tea and coffee for our arrival which is a fantastic touch.

Jackie and Chris were both knowledgeable about the area and keen to give advice and tips on where to go. Fort William is a wonderful place and when we return, I hope the weather is fairer so we can finally climb Ben Nevis.

We had been hoping to return here earlier on in the year but unfortunately been too busy. I would definitely recommend and will be returning as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Loved the Ardgour room, but the Waterfall Suite is spectacular.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bobarooney
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We received a warm welcome by owner Chris. The highlight of our stay was without doubt Huntingtower lodge's superb, top quality breakfast with a standard of preparation (by wife and "Chef" Jackie) far exceeding most B&B's. Generally there was a very pleasing attention to detail which left us feeling welcome while giving our stay just this little bit extra.

We always found Chris and Jackie helpful with advise and genuinely interested in us as guests. By the way, thanks again guys for lending me some of your raingear to climb Ben Nevis.

We found Huntingtower lodge to be a good startingpoint for mountainbiking and hiking with good bike storage facilities. We had a nice spacious room. Clean and quiet with a big modern bathroom and great views of the loch. We would definitely come back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2012

My Wife and I wanted to Ride the Jacobite Steam Train and chose to stay 2 nights here. We had a nice large room with fantastic view. Chris and Jackie were great host, assisting us with dinner reservations and looking after our every need. The breakfast was fantastic. If our travels bring us back to Fort William this will be our choice for another stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ronosbornemopars
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My husband and I went here for a small honeymoon break and it was absolutely fantastic!! The hotel itself sits right next to the most beautiful view, that I have ever seen... Absolutely stunning!! The weather was awful but doesnt take anything away from our break here.. We had the upstairs suite and I cannot fault it at all.. Immaculate and huge, with a superb view of the Loch, and very comfortable bed.. The service from Chris and Jackie was superb. They are very welcoming and friendly in everything that they did.. The breakfast will last you all day, wide range of food.. Its classed as a 4 star hotel but its definitely 5 star service that you get.. I would definitely recommend it and my husband and I are already planning for another trip for an anniversary...

Room Tip: Attic suite is the best for a romantic break.. Light, airy with a beautiful view..
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2012

What more can I say especially after the review from Sash 78! My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in June. From the moment we arrived we were very well looked after. A cup of tea and some home made cake, was greatly appreciated. We stayed in the Ardgour room. It is so spacious especially the bathroom! The bed is very comfortable, there is a mini fridge (very handy), a small table with two chairs - great for checking your emails or relaxing with a glass of wine after a big day out and great views of the Loch with binoculars supplied. The breakfast is delicious and made even more special because of the view. We wouldn't hesitate to come here again - if only we lived closer!! Well done Jackie and Chris.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2012

If you are reading this, still wondering weather you want to go and stay there, stop thinking and book it! I stayed there with my partner for a week and we loved it. Luxurious breakfast, comfortable and soft bed, amazing view from our room, spotless house....one wouldn't want to leave! The owners, Jackie and Chris are absolutely lovely and alway willing to help out with the ideas and suggestions about where to go, what to do and most importantly where are the best places to eat.
I'm already planning my next trip up there!

• Stayed: July 2012
#1 of 1 in Banavie
Torlinnhe Guest House
Torlinnhe Guest House
#4 of 111 in Fort William

Been to Huntingtower Lodge? Share your experiences!