We stayed at Huntingtower Lodge from Fri 22nd March - Mon 25th March 2013. We decided to go to the Highlands to celebrate two birthdays within our group. I picked this B&B as it was modern and had up to date furnishings. We booked the Ardgour (Red room) and Linnhe (Twin room). Upon our arrival we were greeted by Chris & Jackie. They are a very warm and friendly couple. We sat in the lounge and they offered us warm drinks by the fire.
Our journey to the Highlands was crazy as we set off on our 6hr journey from Manchester in the snow. We were expecting to get stuck or snowed in but when we arrived it was amazing, there was no snow apart from driving through the Glencoe Mountains. The wind was like blizzard conditions near 'The Ben Nevis Inn' but we made the most of our weekend.
The rooms in the Lodge were immaculate. They were cleaned each day and fresh towels were put in the bathroom. All rooms come with tea & coffee making facilities inc. sachets. The soaps in the bathroom are by 'The Highland Soap Company' - visit the shop in Spean Bridge.
In the morning Chris would come in and take our breakfast order and then bring out the most amazing food ever! Jackie is a brilliant cook and also caters for fussy veggies like me :0) She makes her own jams/biscuits/bread, most ingredients are local produce. We sat watching the wildlife in the garden whilst waiting for our breakfast. The lounge has a huge window with a brilliant view of Loch Linneh. All the bedrooms also have a loch view.
Chris is really helpful in advising you were to visit for food/days out/local trips.
• The Ben Nevis Inn - the food was amazing. We had tea Fri & Sun
• The Grog & Gruel pub - great food and local beers , Kelpie Seaweed Ale
• Loch Ness & Exhibition Centre
• Oban Seal Sanctuary
• Local FREE sightseeing Glenfinnan viaduct (Harry Potter), Loch Ness, Mallaig, Morar (white beaches)
• Ben Nevis Distillery
The only activity we couldn't do was the Ben Nevis Gondola ride - this was shut due to the bad weather.
We really enjoyed our stay at Huntingtower Lodge. the hosts, food and rooms were amazing.
Chris & Jackie - "Thanks for a making our weekend one that we will always remember, we will be booking again as we had an brilliant trip."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whatever the weather or time of year, relax and enjoy the West Highlands in 21st century comfort at Huntingtower Lodge. Set in a stunning position on 5 acres of hillside, overlooking Loch Linnhe, the Lodge is the perfect base from which to explore the Lochaber and Argyll area. Wi-fi throughout and a laptop is available for guest use.VisitScotland 4* Gold, GTBS "Gold" standard. Walker, Climber, Cyclist, Biker and Pink Friendly. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Huntingtower Lodge Fort William, Scotland