“Just beautiful”

Huntingtower Lodge
Ranked #3 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 July 2008

Huntingtower lodge is beautifully located at the shore of Loch Linnhe close to Fort William. We had booked the Waterfall Suite, which has two large rooms, a modern bathroom and a storage room for the wardrobe and a fridge. Two large windows in the living room offer a beautiful view to Loch Linnhe. In the bedroom, you have a nice look to the garden and theoretically to the waterfall, which wasn't there as we stayed during a very dry period with nice weather, which we we clearly preferred to the waterfall. While the lodge is only 20 m away from A82, it's still quiet in the rooms even if the window is open.

Jackie and Chris are very friendly hosts and do everything for making your stay pleasant. While the lodge has only 3 bedrooms, they still have a nice breakfast buffet and Jackie offers several different hot breakfasts which you can choose from. We tried several and all tasted very good. From the breakfast room, you have also a beautiful view on the lake. Each night we found some delicious home-made sweets in our room. As the lodge is located outside Fort William, you should go there by car, then it's a good starting point for trips in the area of Fort William. The nicest B&B during our Scotland tour this summer.
The only "but" is a relatively high price, but we think it was worth it.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 July 2008

Me and my girlfriend went away for two weeks and this was far and away the highlight accomodation-wise of the whole thing. We stayed in the Ardgour room which was clean, spacious and looks exactly as it does in the website photos. Comfy bed and digital television meant we didn't miss any of Euro 2008! A mini-fridge and bottle opener in the room came in handy as well! The bathroom was huge too.

The breakfasts were great, and on the second morning we had a wonderful view of a Red Squirrel breakfasting from a bird feeder outside! The unique garden are host to a range of wildlife so it's an ideal location if you're an animal nut like myself!

The owners couldn't have been more helpful or lovely! We even got a lift into town one evening when we went out for a meal. Accomodated our every need, they even helped us with our bags!

My only regret is that we couldn't stay for longer. We will definitely be back, and I will definitely recommend this place to anyone heading towards the West Coast.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2008

We stayed one night at Huntingtower Lodge in mid June 2008 and really enjoyed it. It was definitely the best B&B we stayed at during our trip to Scotland (and our standards are high!). The owners, Chris and Jackie, were really friendly and extremely welcoming without being unnecessarily attentive or too intrusive. The breakfast was outstanding and there was as much or as little as you wanted to eat. The room we stayed in - Ardgour - was large, decorated/furnished to a high standard and had a fantastic view over the Loch through the huge window. The room looked just like the photos on the website - plus the bathroom was also done to a very high modern standard, with a big power shower. The only small downside is that the main A road runs through Fort William between the Loch on one side and all the B&Bs on the other side. However, this is the case for virtually every B&B in Fort William and Huntingtower Lodge is better than most in this respect as it is set quite far back from the road, so we hardly heard any noise during our stay. Overall, we had a great stay at Huntingtower Lodge and I would highly recommend it for anyone staying in the area. We are definitely keen to return!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2008

We arrived at Huntingtower Lodge towards the end of our week long honeymoon in Scotland and were immediately impressed with the standard of the accommodation, especially the strawberries and cream that were awaiting us in our room! Our room was very spacious and modern with a brand new en suite and fantastic views across Loch Linnhe. The attention to detail extended as far as binoculars being provided in the rooms. The breakfast was also excellent and the owners, Chris and Jackie, are very attentive hosts. 5*!

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed 13 July 2008

This is no run of the mill bed and breakfast. Jackie and Chris could not do enough to make my stay enjoyable. The warmest welcome you could hope for. A cup of coffee before I could get my boots off. I stayed here on my last night of a motorcycle tour round Scotland. If I had been here on my first night I would have stayed longer. This was the only place I was able to store my bike under cover. The location is breathtaking and an ideal base to explore the west coast. This is where you should stay if you visit Fort William. I hope I get a chance to visit again.
Phil Allen, Hastings UK

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2008

I was lucky enough to be going with work to the Mountain Bike World Championships at Fort William. Having left booking my accommodation quite late and was delighted to find anything at all at short notice. When I arrived to the Huntingtower Lodge I was just thrilled with the beauty of its surroundings, the kind welcome I received from Jackie and Chris and the comfort of my lovely room. I would urge anyone to stay here. It is incredibly good value and I will definitely return for a relaxing break again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2008

We stayed here for 2 nights and can say that this establishment truly deserves its #1 rating. From the moment we arrived nothing was too much trouble and within minutes we were tucking into a tea tray with cakes and biscuits. The rooms are modern, well maintained and decorated to a very high standard. The breakfasts are delicious and the menu caters for all tastes. Chris and Jackie are the perfect hosts, and we left feeling that we had made new friends, such is the warmth of their welcome. Lastly the views of Loch Linnhe are just amazing and so is the bird life that frequently feed in the surrounding gardens. Overall this bed and breakfast i would say is one of the best we have ever stayed in and it is worth paying a little extra for a touch of luxury.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
#1 of 1 in Banavie
Torlinnhe Guest House
Torlinnhe Guest House
#4 of 111 in Fort William

Been to Huntingtower Lodge? Share your experiences!