“Just Perfect”

Huntingtower Lodge
Ranked #2 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Occasionally one stays in accommodation that is faultless, beyond any criticism,100% quality, with thoughtful attention to detail, with friendly and helpful owners for whom nothing is too much trouble (even providing a taxi service into town and making restaurant bookings) - all this perfection is Huntingtower Lodge on the shores of Loch Linnhe.
We stayed 3 nights in The Studio, a very well equipped and furnished
suite. A good and varied breakfast choice -the omelette a humorous work of art,and tasty too !
Our grateful thanks to Chris and Jackie for such a brilliant start to our trip to the Outer Hebrides.
The Jacobite Steam Train journey to Mallaig is highly recommended as a day out, but book well in advance - it is very popular !

Room Tip: The Studio has its own separate entrance,with parking immediately outside.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jackie C, Owner at Huntingtower Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you ROssHill for your lovely review, we are delighted that we gave you such a good start to your Hebridean adventure. I'm so pleased that the omelette was tasty and a work of art as well, I hadn't realised!!

The Jacobite Train journey is very popular and it is definitely best to book on advance. At this time of year it runs twice a day and the late afternoon/early evening run is very popular.

Take care and we hope that it won't be too long until we see you up this way again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Reflecting upon last years holiday in Scotland, I felt that I really must comment on this superb place. The location is truly beautiful being at the edge of the loch. We had a huge room with its own entrance. This consisted of a very large bedroom/sitting room with a picture window facing the loch and nice bathroom. Every convenience had been thought of including a fridge, tea/coffee tray with not to be missed homemade biscuits. The breakfast was simply amazing especially the marzipan and apricot muffins! The couple who owned Huntingtower were very welcoming. Their advice and information regarding must see places and restaurants was invaluable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Jackie C, Owner at Huntingtower Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you very much Friendlytraveller51 for your kind review. It is good to know that we sent you away with such happy memories of your stay with us last summer. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the baking, Chris loves the fresh apricot muffins too but my personal favourites are the rhubarb and white chocolate, which reminds me I had better go and make a fresh batch! I do hope that we will be able to welcome you both back to our home beside the loch before too long.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Amazing view, amazing apartment, amazing breakfast and amazing owners! Thank you, Chris & Jackie, everything was perfect, the only pity was the short stay, only two nights... Chris has also recommended walks and reserved restaurants for dinner which we found very nice.

Room Tip: We stayed in the apartment, very romantic! I recommend it for honey moons!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Jackie C, Owner at Huntingtower Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you very much Silvinrio for you "amazing" review. We loved having you and your daughter as our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back to Huntingtower Lodge before too long. I hope all goes well with your daughter's job hunting and that she finds the perfect job.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Until my stay with Chris and Jackie, I don't think I had found my favourite UK B&B. After a reasonably long drive (for an Aussie) the warm welcome, fantastic cake, bottomless pot of tea and 'that' view was wonderful. I walked into the lovely house and just felt an enormous sense of peace. The view was unbelievably gorgeous and the whole place just felt really serene. I stayed upstairs in the wonderful 'suite' that had an exceptionally comfortable bed, great bathroom, dressing room and 'room with a view' - the great sitting room that overlooked the Loch. Breakfast was beautiful and the offers of tea gratefully received. I was travelling by myself and whilst I do enjoy this, I thoroughly enjoyed my conversations with Jackie and Chris and other guests. I hadn't stayed in Fort William before, as driving through, I hadn't felt particularly inspired to stay there, however, the lovely time I had at Huntingtower Lodge really changed that view. It is worth visiting Fort William just to stay here. It was the perfect base for exploring and the Lodge just perfect to have a damn good rest. I have stayed in lots of B&Bs around the world and in the UK - yes I think I have found my favourite - thanks for a fabulous stay - I look forward to coming back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Amanda K

Thank you Amanda K for your very kind review. It is always a delight when guests enjoy their stay with us and are able to relax, forget the hustle and bustle of everyday life and recover from jetlag!

Fort William is a great base for exploring the Highlands, there is so much to do here from climbing the UK's highest mountain to a gentle stroll along the Caledonian Canal. We have excellent outdoor activity providers and some very good restaurants for those of us who enjoy a more relaxing break.

We enjoyed your company very much and are looking forward to welcoming you back to continue our chats.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had two nights B and B at Huntingtower Lodge at the end of a two week trip around the west of Scotland. We were given a very friendly welcome by Chris with homemade cake and tea in the sitting/dining room overlooking Loch Linnhe. Our room was very spacious again with superb views over the loch. Chris was very helpful with suggestions of where to dine for our two nights in Fort Wm and made the reservations for us. Breakfast was good with ample choice. We stayed in some amazing accommodation during our tour which unfortunately meant we had high expectations of our last stop. Our main reservation was Huntingtower Lodge was not as comfortable. Ikea furniture instead of squashy sofas etc and wooden floors which meant we did hear movement from the room above. However, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and have no hesitation in recommending it.

Room Tip: The front rooms have the lovely views over the loch.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JudithandTrevor
Jackie C, Owner at Huntingtower Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you JudithandTrevor for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the views made such an impression. I am pleased that that you enjoyed the home produced cake I enjoy baking and also make all the biscuits, bread and jams.

However, we are both very disappointed and sad that we failed to live up to your expectations. We love our home and love living in it but do appreciate that the Scandi look is not to everyone's taste. Our website gives a description of each room and their facilities along with supporting pictures so I am concerned that you were expecting something a bit more traditional. Each of our rooms is different, some have sofas as well as easy chairs and they all have those superb loch views.

Despite your own reservations it is good to know that you would have not hesitate to recommend us. We enjoyed your company and hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Huntingtower Lodge if you are ever this way again.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed for two nights in the ground floor studio room. The view is wonderful and the bed really comfortable. All spotlessly clean. The breakfast was delicious. Chris and Jackie were very helpful and kind in a nice relaxed, unfussy, way. Couldn't recommend this highly enough.

Room Tip: The ground floor room has its own entrance. It also has a door leading into the lounge but we didn...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Penny C
Jackie C, Owner at Huntingtower Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you very much Penny C for your kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in The Studio. I love the view from the window too and I hope that you enjoyed watching the birds on the feeders in the tree. It is always good to hear that our guest enjoy their breakfast, we try to give a varied choice from light breakfasts to the full Scottish. I hope that you enjoyed your stay at Strontian, we love it over there and pop over on the Corran Ferry whenever we can.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We recently stayed two nights at Hungtingtower Lodge, and we enjoyed the best of service. Our room was spacious and very comfortable, and we had a gorgeous view of Loch Linnhe to the front of the house, and our own private exit out onto the carpark on the side. The breakfast was very very good. The atmosphere is relaxed and very comfortable, and Chris was very willing and able to consult with us regarding our daily excursions and the local restaurants. We were delighted with our stay at Huntingtower Lodge.

Room Tip: We had the room on the ground floor, next to the dining room. It had a wonderful view of Loch Linnh...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jackie C, Owner at Huntingtower Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you very much Grant D for your kind review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were so comfortable in The Studio. We love our home and are always delighted to share it with our guests. The views are amazing are n't they? We never tire of gazing out of the windows. I hope that it won't be too long before we can welcome you back to Huntingtower Lodge.