“Perfection”

GreenLeadersGold level
Shropshire
“Perfection”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

There is absolutely nothing to criticise in this establishment. We enjoyed a two night stay in the studio which has its own entrance and parking place right outside the door. Chris and Jackie are extremely friendly and helpful. We had booked a trip on the steam railway on the Sunday and Chris offered to take us to the station so we had no worries about finding parking whilst away for the day. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice. I really could go on and on about the good points but basically if you are looking for somewhere to stay in Fort William which gives value for money you will not find anywhere better I can assure you.

Room Tip: The studio has an excellent view of the loch.
Jackie C, Owner at Huntingtower Lodge, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Thank you very much Nesbitt for your lovely review, your recommendation is much appreciated. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are always happy to give our guests lifts in to town, either to the steam train or to a local restaurant. We look forward to seeing you both again sometime in the future, do n't forget our Winter Break offers!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Shrewsbury,United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Occasionally one stays in accommodation that is faultless, beyond any criticism,100% quality, with thoughtful attention to detail, with friendly and helpful owners for whom nothing is too much trouble (even providing a taxi service into town and making restaurant bookings) - all this perfection is Huntingtower Lodge on the shores of Loch Linnhe.
We stayed 3 nights in The Studio, a very well equipped and furnished
suite. A good and varied breakfast choice -the omelette a humorous work of art,and tasty too !
Our grateful thanks to Chris and Jackie for such a brilliant start to our trip to the Outer Hebrides.
The Jacobite Steam Train journey to Mallaig is highly recommended as a day out, but book well in advance - it is very popular !

Room Tip: The Studio has its own separate entrance,with parking immediately outside.
Jackie C, Owner at Huntingtower Lodge, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you ROssHill for your lovely review, we are delighted that we gave you such a good start to your Hebridean adventure. I'm so pleased that the omelette was tasty and a work of art as well, I hadn't realised!!

The Jacobite Train journey is very popular and it is definitely best to book on advance. At this time of year it runs twice a day and the late afternoon/early evening run is very popular.

Take care and we hope that it won't be too long until we see you up this way again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Reflecting upon last years holiday in Scotland, I felt that I really must comment on this superb place. The location is truly beautiful being at the edge of the loch. We had a huge room with its own entrance. This consisted of a very large bedroom/sitting room with a picture window facing the loch and nice bathroom. Every convenience had been thought of including a fridge, tea/coffee tray with not to be missed homemade biscuits. The breakfast was simply amazing especially the marzipan and apricot muffins! The couple who owned Huntingtower were very welcoming. Their advice and information regarding must see places and restaurants was invaluable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Jackie C, Owner at Huntingtower Lodge, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you very much Friendlytraveller51 for your kind review. It is good to know that we sent you away with such happy memories of your stay with us last summer. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the baking, Chris loves the fresh apricot muffins too but my personal favourites are the rhubarb and white chocolate, which reminds me I had better go and make a fresh batch! I do hope that we will be able to welcome you both back to our home beside the loch before too long.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Amazing view, amazing apartment, amazing breakfast and amazing owners! Thank you, Chris & Jackie, everything was perfect, the only pity was the short stay, only two nights... Chris has also recommended walks and reserved restaurants for dinner which we found very nice.

Room Tip: We stayed in the apartment, very romantic! I recommend it for honey moons!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jackie C, Owner at Huntingtower Lodge, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you very much Silvinrio for you "amazing" review. We loved having you and your daughter as our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back to Huntingtower Lodge before too long. I hope all goes well with your daughter's job hunting and that she finds the perfect job.
Bendigo
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Until my stay with Chris and Jackie, I don't think I had found my favourite UK B&B. After a reasonably long drive (for an Aussie) the warm welcome, fantastic cake, bottomless pot of tea and 'that' view was wonderful. I walked into the lovely house and just felt an enormous sense of peace. The view was unbelievably gorgeous and the whole place just felt really serene. I stayed upstairs in the wonderful 'suite' that had an exceptionally comfortable bed, great bathroom, dressing room and 'room with a view' - the great sitting room that overlooked the Loch. Breakfast was beautiful and the offers of tea gratefully received. I was travelling by myself and whilst I do enjoy this, I thoroughly enjoyed my conversations with Jackie and Chris and other guests. I hadn't stayed in Fort William before, as driving through, I hadn't felt particularly inspired to stay there, however, the lovely time I had at Huntingtower Lodge really changed that view. It is worth visiting Fort William just to stay here. It was the perfect base for exploring and the Lodge just perfect to have a damn good rest. I have stayed in lots of B&Bs around the world and in the UK - yes I think I have found my favourite - thanks for a fabulous stay - I look forward to coming back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Amanda K
Jackie C, Owner at Huntingtower Lodge, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you Amanda K for your very kind review. It is always a delight when guests enjoy their stay with us and are able to relax, forget the hustle and bustle of everyday life and recover from jetlag!

Fort William is a great base for exploring the Highlands, there is so much to do here from climbing the UK's highest mountain to a gentle stroll along the Caledonian Canal. We have excellent outdoor activity providers and some very good restaurants for those of us who enjoy a more relaxing break.

We enjoyed your company very much and are looking forward to welcoming you back to continue our chats.
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had two nights B and B at Huntingtower Lodge at the end of a two week trip around the west of Scotland. We were given a very friendly welcome by Chris with homemade cake and tea in the sitting/dining room overlooking Loch Linnhe. Our room was very spacious again with superb views over the loch. Chris was very helpful with suggestions of where to dine for our two nights in Fort Wm and made the reservations for us. Breakfast was good with ample choice. We stayed in some amazing accommodation during our tour which unfortunately meant we had high expectations of our last stop. Our main reservation was Huntingtower Lodge was not as comfortable. Ikea furniture instead of squashy sofas etc and wooden floors which meant we did hear movement from the room above. However, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and have no hesitation in recommending it.

Room Tip: The front rooms have the lovely views over the loch.
1 Thank JudithandTrevor
Jackie C, Owner at Huntingtower Lodge, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you JudithandTrevor for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the views made such an impression. I am pleased that that you enjoyed the home produced cake I enjoy baking and also make all the biscuits, bread and jams.

However, we are both very disappointed and sad that we failed to live up to your expectations. We love our home and love living in it but do appreciate that the Scandi look is not to everyone's taste. Our website gives a description of each room and their facilities along with supporting pictures so I am concerned that you were expecting something a bit more traditional. Each of our rooms is different, some have sofas as well as easy chairs and they all have those superb loch views.

Despite your own reservations it is good to know that you would have not hesitate to recommend us. We enjoyed your company and hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Huntingtower Lodge if you are ever this way again.
London uk
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed for two nights in the ground floor studio room. The view is wonderful and the bed really comfortable. All spotlessly clean. The breakfast was delicious. Chris and Jackie were very helpful and kind in a nice relaxed, unfussy, way. Couldn't recommend this highly enough.

Room Tip: The ground floor room has its own entrance. It also has a door leading into the lounge but we didn...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Penny C
Jackie C, Owner at Huntingtower Lodge, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you very much Penny C for your kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in The Studio. I love the view from the window too and I hope that you enjoyed watching the birds on the feeders in the tree. It is always good to hear that our guest enjoy their breakfast, we try to give a varied choice from light breakfasts to the full Scottish. I hope that you enjoyed your stay at Strontian, we love it over there and pop over on the Corran Ferry whenever we can.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort William
#1 of 3 in Ballachulish
Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club
Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club
#13 of 21 in Fort William

Been to Huntingtower Lodge? Share your experiences!