“Great end to a long drive.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort William
Myrtle Bank Guest House
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Fort William
“Great end to a long drive.”
Reviewed 23 November 2012

After looking at a couple of options in Fort William, & not being impressed with any of them, we called in to the Myrtle Bank. From the moment we were greeted, I felt at ease. As I was travelling with my mother & brother, we were offered a room up the back & above the garage. When we went in, we were so pleased. There was a double bed each & our own bathroom. It was so clean & well laid out. It was like a chalet. Very warm & were able to park our car right at the door. Breakfast was terrific, & the lady serving us was lovely. :-)

Room Tip: Ask for the family suite up the back. De-tatched from the main house, but private & spacious.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DZKD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We only stayed one night at Myrtle Bank Guest House, but we so wish we had stayed another. The hotel is situated right along the main road overlooking Loch Linnhe. We were greeted by Dora when we arrived, and she was incredibly friendly and yet very professional at the same time. We booked the 'Master Bedroom' which is really big and cosy. The bathroom is large and modern and the floor is heated!

We went to a seafood restuarant along the seafront (Dora called and reserved a table for us in the afternoon) and the staff there was equally professional and friendly.

This guesthouse is operated more like a hotel than a B & B but without the usual 'indifferent' feel of a standard hotel.

Although we spent only a day there and the weather on that day was miserable, we shall try to go back there again in a couple of years' time.

1 Thank DrCK
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Stayed for one night on 24th October. On walking up the path I saw immaculate front garden. This was complimented by the inside of the guest house which was spotless and well presented. I was accommodated in the annex, which was similar to the main guest house and was again faultless. Looking out the front was an excellent view accross the loch to the hills on the other side. I had to leave early the next morning to catch the 0742 train back to Glasgow. Breakfast was served from 0700 on the dot so I had just had time before heading to the station. Again the breakfast was faultless and I was asked if I wanted extra toast or coffee which I sadly had to refuse for lack of time. I will certainly stay here again and would recommend it to anyone visiting the area.

Room Tip: Ask for room at front looking over the loch
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Arbroath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We booked this guest house to stay in for my partners dads funeral. Due to our circumstances the owner offered us the largest room with a view of the loch.

Was very clean and the decor and room were lovely.

The cooked breakfast was great in the morning. Staff very nice.

The owner was very sympathetic to us with regards to our situation and we found her to be very welcoming indeed. Would definitely stay here again if we are in Fort William again. The price of the room was also fantastic!!!

Was only a five minute walk from the town centre which was great.

Thanks to the owner and staff for a lovely stay, which made a difficult time easier.

Kent, UK
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed here for two nights at the end of October. We took one of the so called master bedrooms in the partner building, just next door. This was roomy, clean and had windows on two walls giving views over the loch to the hills the other side. The bathroom was very new and very clean. Breakfast was included and the chef cooked whatever I asked for. Very well priced and we will definitely go again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view; they're a little more expensive but the views are great.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 30 October 2012

My fiancé and I managed to book a double ensuite room at this guest house and it did not disappoint. Our room was very clean with the view of Loch Linnhe. Not only was the room clean but it was also very comfortable and we were quite sad that we were only staying for one night.

The guesthouse is situated very close to town. Only 5 minutes walk to town where there are quite a few restaurants around.

My fiancé managed to make it to breakfast while I was enjoying the comfortable bed, but from what she told me, it seems like she enjoyed the hot breakfast very much.

The staff working at the place was very friendly and gave us some tips on how to enjoy Scotland that little bit more.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We're not really a fan of B&b's as a rule (many bad expirences) so when my husband booked this one I wasn't holding out much hope. I couldn't have been more wrong! It's lovely! Nice clean room, frendly staff, a good choice of breakfast's and right on the edge of Loch Linnhe. We went in October so Fort William it-self was nice and quiet and only a 5 minute. We paid a little extra for the Master en-suit but it was worth it as our room had a lovely modern bathroom and a beautiful veiw over the Loch. I can't recomend Myrtle Bank highly enough and will definatly be returning next year.

Room Tip: If you can get the Master en-suit, it's worth the extra few quid.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple