“Great place to stay in Fort William”

Glentower Lower Observatory Guesthouse
Ranked #16 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay in Fort William”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights, lovely room well appointed, great breakfast and friendly owner and staff, situated close to town centre. Views from front of building are fabulous.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Great Bardfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Stayed here Wed 23rd to Sun 27th Oct. Although there were only two of us we were given the Linnhe Suite - Room 2, a large family room (double bed, two singles) on the ground floor with a lovely bay window overlooking the loch with large ensuite bathroom. A table and two arm chairs were placed in the bay window and binoculars were thoughtfully provided so one could view the wild life on the loch. Excellent breakfast every morning. The B&B is a 5 min walk from the town and there are excellent restaurants close by. The Lime Tree two mins walk up the street on the corner (expensive and a bit nouveau cuisine) The Crannog Sea food restaurant on the pier - superb.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a loch view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night during our tour of the Highlands, and were very happy with the accommodations. Our host was most welcoming, the room was clean, comfortable, and beautifully appointed. It was an easy walk into town for dinner, and our breakfast the next morning was delicious. The Guest House is in a beautiful location, right along the water. We would most definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Had a 2 night break on 8th Oct with my boyfriend. Sadly he didn't ask for a loch view room, but none the less the allocated room was quiet, well equipped and relaxing, despite looking over rear garden and properties beyond. Bed was so comfortable and we slept like a log. I recently lost my mum and this was a much needed rest. Hosts were attentive but not intrusive and the tasty breakfast was served quickly, I would have eaten a lot more but tried to be ladylike haha.
Hope to be back soon as my boyfriend a Munro bagger, tho on this occasion we went on more gentle walks.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband & I stayed here for 3 nights, and could not have been happier with it. The room we booked was in the building next to the main house, with a fabulous view of the Loch. It was very spacious and extremely comfortable, but the 'piece de resistance' was the bathroom - with an enormous free standing bath tub ! What a great surprise !
We had a car, and there is ample parking on site.
Location is great - just a 5 minute walk to the High Street, and within very easy reach of great restaurants. Breakfast is served in a lovely dining room within the main building and provides a great start to the day. The hosts were very welcoming, and we would definitely recommend this, and hope to be back again in the not too distant future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My father and I stayed 3 nights in a massive twin room in the building next to the main house, with a large bathroom and views straight out to the lake - pretty fantastic really. The hosts were so helpful and really generous with helping me when my dad became unwell suddenly and he had to go to hospital. I asked them to call a taxi for me and instead took me in their own car straight away which I thought was so lovely, especially since they were fully booked and very busy. It really meant a lot to me that they offered to do that and were so happy to help. A really great place to stay - fantastic service, awesome breakfast, lovely place to stay. So convenient too, my father (70+ years) and I could easily walk to town and back each day.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend to all!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2013

stayed here for one night without booking in advance , from the moment we arrived we were made very welcome , we asked what time breakfast was as we had to be at the station early to book on to the jacobite train experience , they were very accomodating and let us have breakfast a bit earlier so we could get away on time , we were only sorry that we didnt have more time at the hotel , the staff were very friendly and the breakfast was lovely , definitely recommend it ,

Room Tip: room 3 was overlooking the loch with 2 lovely chairs to sit and watch the world and birds go by , ve...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple