“Ben Nevis 2012”

Chase The Wild Goose Hostel
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The hostel was very basic, but clean. Location ideal for exploring Fort William and Ben Nevis. Only 4 showers for 48 people can be an issue when you all arrive back from a climb at the same time, although the hot water never ran out! The only toilets appeared to be in the shower rooms, so a problem if you're desperate and all showers in use. Suggestion: needs anti-bac hand soap in bathrooms, as none in any. Mould on ceiling and stains on duvet was a little off-putting.

Room Tip: The five bedded rooms have a single bed, plus 2 sets of bunks.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 August 2012

I stayed at this Hostel recently (9th of August), a late booking online. I was skeptical at first as it offered me mixed dormitory facilities...but I was welcomed and surprised on my arrival to a very private wing of the hostel! The staff were very accomodating and very helpful indeed. As I arrived late, I was given special priviledges to use the kitchen till past closing time. the Kitchen is fitted to a good standard and I found it well equipped. My bed was very comfortable too and the shared bathroom facilities were more than adequate.
I strongly recommend Chase the Wild Goose Hostel to independent travelers and families too. I certainly would return especially as I managed to delete all the photographs from my camera, my wonderful holiday in Fort William.....

Room Tip: try to go for the Skye accomodation and book directly from their website.....Online purchases via ot...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Pinay50
Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights, and really loved it. I travelled solo and there were a lot of big groups that kept to themselves, but I still managed to meet a few people. It's a bit out of town of fort William but easily accessible by bus. It has everything you need, but the wifi isn't free, and the breakfast is overpriced so bring your own. Ian (staff) was really friendly and always up for a chat. One of the cheapest in the area, but rural Sotland overall is a bit pricey. Great for people who want to hike, cycle or do some adventure sports, and admire regional Scotland.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Rented a room with few friends with a view to Ben Nevis (could check the weather on the hill in the morning). Well equipped kitchen, funny living room with chairs around the walls, some sort of game room with a sofa and one chair, drying room, several bathrooms.

All fine, we got what we expected, all clean and working. My only concern would be, that there is a lack of interest, it needs a homey touch, bit more attention - and most of all, it could do with some refurbishment as some equipment is a bid old.. But who wants to invest in low cost hostel in these times?

I would go there again though - and maybe I will ;-)

Room Tip: Iona - view on Ben Nevis, 4 bed
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We arrived at Chase the Wild Goose after completing the 3 Peaks Challenge (backwards... so starting with Snowdon and ending with Ben Nevis). There were 17 of us and we were all completely shattered. The staff at CtWG made everything very straight forward and easy for us. A well-oiled machine! All of the facilities worked as hoped and the rooms were clean, warm and comfortable. The kitchen facilities are ace and we made good use of them by cooking up a mammoth fry up. Great place... would be very happy to go back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank ToriviaJ
Reviewed 20 September 2011

we stayed here on 31st dec 2010 and it was great place our very first time ever staying in a hostel and would recommend it to anyone warm and very frendly staff and people had a great time

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank brian m
Reviewed 18 July 2011

My brother and I stayed here for 3 nights for a series of walks around the area. The staff and facilities were top notch. Nice kitchen layout, good dorms and loads of bathrooms.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family