Although I am writing this review nearly 3 years after I went here (i believe the properties may also have changed owers by now as well), but i just thought i would write a quick review...
Lovely, clean property which was well equipped. Good walking and scenery (although we did go in Dec and this was our first time to Scotland, we got caught out by the lovely rainy weather!). I would recommend avoiding December as everything is mainly closed in Fort William and the weather isnt that great. This property is ideally suited to reach most areas, we went to Oban, Inverness, Fort William, Glen Coe Visiters centre and visited a hydro-electricty place which was great!
We went to Scotland last year in October (and drove past Birchbrae - happy memories) and the weather was much much better, sunny, crisp and cold.
Great place, would highly recommend and would stay again (but not in December!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seven luxury self catering Scandinavian style holiday lodges set in a peaceful and secluded woodland clearing eight miles south of Fort William in the Highlands of Scotland. Sleeping up to six people in luxurious comfort, Birchbrae is the ideal well-being self catering holiday destination whether it be to explore the Highlands, walk and climb the spectacular mountains, play golf, relax from the stresses and strains of everyday life, have a short break, ski at a choice of two resorts, spend Christmas or New Year in Scotland, watch the unique Scottish wildlife, go mountain biking, go whale watching, visit the beautiful Inner Hebrides or just have a cosy Winter break. All of these are possible at Birchbrae luxury self catering lodges in Scotland. The lodges all have three bedrooms with two bathrooms. The kitchens are fully fitted and the large lounges have comfy furniture and a surround sound home cinema TV system. A DVD and CD library is provided. Outside, you can sit or dine on the ver ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Birchbrae Highland Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Birchbrae Self Catering Hotel Fort William
- Birchbrae Highland Lodges Fort William, Scotland