“mini holiday for 1”

Berkeley House
Ranked #44 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
“mini holiday for 1”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I came to Fort William on a mini holiday for my birthday and stayed at Berkeley House as it was close to the train station. On arrival, Norrie greeted me warmly and showed me to my room. he also asked what I would like for breakfast and what time I wanted it. When I wanted to change the time for the second morning, I just mentioned it and there was no problem. The room was a small double but was still quite spacious. There was tea/ coffee, tv and a en-suite with a shower which was easy to use and towels to use, which was good as I hadn't planned on having a shower but the weather was so hot it was needed. Breakfast was one of the best I've had when staying in a hotel or b'n'b. Cereals on the sideboard to help yourself to, tea or coffee and toast to the table, OJ on the table and (my choice) full breakfast of 2 bacon, sausage, egg, beans and tomato. it was delicious.
When it came to the day I left, my train was later in the morning but I was allowed to leave my bags at the house while I did a little last minute shopping.

All in all, a fantastic place to base my holiday from and I would recommend it to anyone.

Thanks for looking after me Norrie and May.

Lucinda, Walsall

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank lucinda p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Yorkshire
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here on our final night of our walking holiday and were met with a warm greeting, warm room and friendly staff who took our very wet clothing and bags to dry them out for us. We enjoyed a good nights sleep and a plentiful freshly cooked breakfast the following morning. Our bags were taken to the room for us and we left them the following morning whilst taking a look around Fort William. A good stay overall

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank YorkshireTracey
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife and I stayed 3 nights last weekend. Weather was atrocious, but the warm welcome extended by Norrie and May certainly helped keep our spirits up. Accommodation and breakfast were second to none. Train/bus stations and town centre within walking distance. Would certainly stay here again. Tom and Catherine, Edinburgh.

Room Tip: We had the small flat attached to the house, which was superb.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tomdcampbelton
Wendover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This marked the end of our West Highland Way walk and it was good to note its position as we passed it en-route to the very end and realised we wouldn't have far to come back !! Even more fortunate as we fell in with people we had met along the way and celebrated our achievement in the pub at the end !!
Norrie was very welcoming and friendly throughout our 2 night stay. The room was large enough for our stuff, the bathroom clean with a good shower and breakfast was the traditional full-cooked event - no more of those when we get home !!
A good place to stay at the end of a great Walk.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NomadicTeachers
Tromso, Norway
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We had been on the road all day from Edinburgh with the Highland Experience Tour, and didn't know where our B&B was before we arrive. We had a warm welcome, and sweet Norris took his time to take our breakfast orders, showed us a trick with the window and recommanded a place to eat dinner. Rooms were big and we slept like babies in comfortable beds. I would recommand this B&B to everyone that visits Fort William.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Losoa
Keighley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My wife and I and my friends stayed here this hotel was very clean the rooms are well decorated the breakfast was of good quality parking is available we would definitely go again the owners were friendly close to ammenaties

Room Tip: The owner may was very nice we had choice of rooms very nice
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Would recommend this B&B as a great place to stop either before starting the Great Glen Way or after finishing the West Highland Way. Clean and comfortable room, friendly welcome, tasty (and hearty!) breakfast. Really good B&B

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple