“A wonderful place to stay in Fort William”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort William
Rustic View Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #48 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 August 2010

We have just returned from a 3 night break with the lovely Jackie at Rustic View. From the minute you enter the house you are treated like a friend and nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are light and airey, spotlessly clean with top of the range bedlinen and toiletries. The hopitality tray is generous and so are the breakfasts, you are asked to choose from the menu the night before and i can assure you that you wont need an early lunch !!
No need to go to the tourist information office, Jackie is the oracle & will point you in the right direction.
Travelling with my parents, Jackie was always very attentive & looked after everyone exceptionally well.
Will certainly return to this haven in the highlands !

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rustic View Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 11 July 2010

We had the great fortune to be given a small booklet called Scotlands Best B&Bs and as we were looking for acommodation in or around Fort William we found Rustic View in this booklet. (All Quality Assured 4 & 5 star Bed and Breakfast Homes)

On arrival we were astounded at the beauty of the gardens, house and stunning views. This was then matched by the very warm welcome we received from Jackie our host.

We were shown to our room which was palatial to say the least, because it was a twin room it was larger than most and felt more like a suite. The furnishings, decorations and linens were all of the highest quality and the whole house was immaculate.

After a very comfortable nighs sleep we enjoyed a magnificent breakfast in the conservatory with excellent views of the garden and beyond.

Jackie is an extremely competent and friendly host and like other reviewers not sure that we realy want to tell too many people about this little gem in case we cannot get in the next time we want to visit. Being Scottish I am particulary proud when I come across places like this - because I know that they get a lot of trade from overseas tourists and I like the idea that these visitors will leave with a good impression of my country and people like Jackie and her husband who go that extra mile to ensure guests are comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2010

Jackie is the ideal host - pleasant, helpful, and attentive without being intrusive. My husband considered me to be hyper critical but I can't fault my stay at Rustic View. I have stayed at many establishments at twice the price and half the value.The only thing that makes me reluctant to write a review is the fear that she will be be fully booked when next I want to stay, but I really think I should share my good my good fortune!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2010

Sounds very nice but never got there due to double booking which I only found out when I phoned the night I was due to stay. They booked me in another place which was not very nice.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2009

Rustic View is the place to go if you want to be based near Fort William but not in the built up centre. Great views of the mountains made it a pleasure waking up in the morning. The dining room was nice and spacious and breakfast was the best of our whole trip - the cooked option was super and none of that greasy stuff. We will definately be back and can also recommend a trip up the gondola which is nearby!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2009

We had a fabulous stay here for our honeymoon. Jackie is an excellent host, someone you will feel like you've known for years. From the moment you book your stay on the phone with her she is helpful and very friendly. The breakfast has just what you need, a full fry up (with the best white pudding) or fresh fruit and yoghurts (for us crazy people who like walking up mountains). She also recommended some good places to eat, one of them being the Lochy pub about a 10 minute walk away. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the food was amazing, the best steak sandwich I've ever had. I would go back to Fort William just for that. I would highly recommend this B&B and will definatey return, it is in a lovely location very quiet, about 5mins drive from the town centre.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2009

We had a one night stay at Rustic View in August 2009 and it was just perfect. It was everything you would want. Very friendly welcome, comfortable bedroom, well cooked breakfast and everything was immaculate

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple