“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hectors Bothy

Hectors Bothy
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Scottish
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
peterhead
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Had a nice relaxing supper tonight the waitress was very attentive a lot better experence from the last time big inprovements really enjoyed our meal .nice clean place well decorated Absolute pleasure deffently be back well done to the staff .

hectorsbothy, Owner at Hectors Bothy, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you very much for leaving such lovely positive reviews , I am very glad you enjoyed your meal and that my staff were attentive to your needs..this is exactly what we stive to do .

Best wishes in future travels and we will hopefully see you very soon again in the bothy

• Polish first
Coupar Angus, United Kingdom
“Some staff training would help.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Staff in Hectors Bothy were very friendly but not very well trained. Cullen Skink was good but no crusty bread and butter was forthcoming but sliced brown bread was supplied when queried. The scallops were lovely and fresh. Main course of fish and chips was OK. Mussels tasted great but again no crusty bread as advertised on menu, no bowl to put shells in, no spoon to enjoy sauce. Ordered a bottle of Chardonny which was warm and asked for a cold one only to be told they didn't have any in fridge. Ordered any other that was cold and apparently there was only one. All queries were dealt with right away by pleasant girls but shouldn't have had to ask for so much. Hectors Bothy was OK but I think they could do so much better.

Visited June 2014
hectorsbothy, Owner at Hectors Bothy, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thamk you for taking the time to review the bothy. I am extremely sorry to hear about your experience as this is not up to the standards that I expect from my staff. There are no excuses, I will speak to my new chef again as he has only been with us about 3 weeks but was fully shown all what I expect so my sincere apologies as I completely agree with the above comments. With regards to the wine the girl that was on who works seasonally for myself obviously forgot where the wine is now stored....no excuses i have already spoken to her.. If you are in the area again please give us another try and make yourself known to me (mhairi) and i will personally see that your next dining experience is 5 star with some wine on the house.

Best wished=s
mhairi macinnes
owner
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Nothing Special !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

It is obvious this place has a monopoly ..we struggled to find an alternative. Fish and chips were 'pricey' and just 'average' -the batter on the fish, was soggy and undercooked. My advice would be to take a picnic, or go elsewhere !

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mrs V
hectorsbothy, Owner at Hectors Bothy, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
When I write my first response you rejected the truth which is very unfair. My comments were completely justified DID YOU BRING THIS TO OUR ATTENTION...the answer is no therefore I am completely within my rights to say that I felt that was very unfair and shows the negative side of trip advisor as you did not allow us to correct your complaints or deal with them while on the premises please e mail with your comments if you wish to discuss the above comments
mhairi macinnes
owner
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“A step above an ordinary seaside Cafe.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

As a place to eat it was more than adequate. Located right on the harbourside and open more often than many others. What it lacks in atmosphere it makes up for in friendly staff. Not a place for a romantic dinner for two and it does not pretend to be. It is a cheap and cheerful eatery and succeeds very well at what it tries to do.
The food was varied and well prepared and cooked to demand. There are pastries and cakes for those wishing only a tea time snack or the usual Café Fare..
We liked the friendly staff which added just a few more points to lift this place above the norm and out of the 'ordinary'.

• Visited June 2014
London, England, United Kingdom
“so friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Went for coffee & we were so impressed with the friendliness of the staff we went back for dinner a few days later. Some of the best fish & the biggest bowl of mussels I have ever encountered all beautifully cooked and presented. Not high end but down to earth good food & great service.

• Visited June 2014